oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why would the club be on a better financial footing in 12 months time?  We should have just appointed this new manager now if that's what we wanted to do, but clearly it isn't.

I'm thinking if we move players out of the club who are on moderate to big contracts over the next 12 months. 

We've obviously got next to no income at the moment either because of no crowds. This time next year we'll hopefully be starting a new season with a load of season tickets sold. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm thinking if we move players out of the club who are on moderate to big contracts over the next 12 months. 

We've obviously got next to no income at the moment either because of no crowds. This time next year we'll hopefully be starting a new season with a load of season tickets sold. 

We've just moved players on with moderate to big contracts and we've sold close to 8 or thousand season tickets, haven't we?  We're going to sign players this summer and some of them will have decent contracts.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why would the club be on a better financial footing in 12 months time?  We should have just appointed this new manager now if that's what we wanted to do, but clearly it isn't.

Everyone knows the best way to get fans back into the stadium is by not signing players and making them watch the same team that nearly got relegated last season, duh

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

What photo ?

Theres a link on newsnow doncaster, to their local paper doing live blog of todays game.  Theres a photo of him and a teammate there.

Surely next summer the price of all players will go up again with the increased revenue from fans returning, can't see players like Lowe, Leko, Williams, Moore, etc going for that cheap again albeit cos of Wigan's situation

Plus we'll have an even bigger rebuild next summer with some of our best players' contracts expiring this season

We clearly had money to bid on these players it was just the structure of the deals thats let the deals down, dont understand why we haven't just offered them more upfront to get the deal done, majority of the rebuild done and give warnock a fighting chance of play offs

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

We've just moved players on with moderate to big contracts and we've sold close to 8 or thousand season tickets, haven't we?  We're going to sign players this summer and some of them will have decent contracts.

I think its obvious that the revenue is going to be down this season isn't it? 

And without knowing what all the new players are going to be earning; all the stories seem to be indicating that we are trying to reduce our wage bill. For example Britt and Fletcher will be on pretty big contracts, do you think we'll be offering them the same deals in 12 months time? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Everyone knows the best way to get fans back into the stadium is by not signing players and making them watch the same team that nearly got relegated last season, duh

Are we not trying to sign players now?

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think its obvious that the revenue is going to be down this season isn't it? 

And without knowing what all the new players are going to be earning; all the stories seem to be indicating that we are trying to reduce our wage bill. For example Britt and Fletcher will be on pretty big contracts, do you think we'll be offering them the same deals in 12 months time? 

Yeah, revenue will likely go down for everyone.

I haven't seen any stories about us trying to reduce our wage bill at this point in time.  I thought that was the previous two years where it was clear we'd handed out contracts that were less than ideal?  Besides Assombalonga, who do we have left on big contracts?  There isn't anyone else that I can see. 

We are going to sign players and they are going to be on decent contracts so we are going to be increasing that wage bill aren't we?  We 'know' Hall turned down £12,500 at QPR to come here so let's make an assumption that he's on more than that.  We 'know' we were in for Moore, who wanted really good money, and we didn't bail out of those negotiations, he just chose another club.  We are supposed to be after Roberts who is likely to be on more money than everyone currently here other than Assombalonga.  Sanogo isn't gonna come cheap neither would Bamba, if we really have had an interest in him, and the same will go for Stewart.  I bet we couldn't get any of them for less than £15k a week and more likely £20k+ for a couple of them. 

Now that Ayala, Clayton, Friend, Gestede, Randolph, Howson (depending on what we've offered) have all gone or being offered reduced terms, who is left on comparable money to that?  Fletcher maybe, McNair and Saville possibly, but that's it.  So we're talking about signing players right now who would immediately become some of our highest earners.  

Howson had an option on his contract rather than having a new contract negotiated - I doubt his agent would have agreed to an option on reduced wages considering we were throwing money around like mad at the time so I assume he's on the same money he was on when he signed. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)