oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Assuming that clubs are having to reduce their outlay in the current circumstances and If the worse should happen that we don't get the cover we require by the time the window closes I wonder whether there is likely to be any decent players still be available on a free?

31 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

That’s all good and well if you have quality over quantity. We don’t.

Equally though, the championship season doesn't start tomorrow. We have a fairly decent 11 and obviously need more in but this is the situation we are in and we need to rely on later transfers and loans

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

That is absolutely appalling business from our point of view if that's the case.  It's complete ineptitude if we gave someone a contract that allowed them to add an extra year to it on the same terms without giving us the option of vetoing.  I'm stunned by this actually.

What can we say though, this was only within 6 months of the window where we signed Gestede on a massive contract and spent stupid money on Guedioura. The only bit of business that January that could have come good was Bamford and we got shot of him in 18 months time.

That summer we also apparently made that £6.5m offer for Fletcher which West Ham were flabbergasted by and snapped our hands off, we spent £15m on Assombalonga, £9m on Braithwaite and stupid bumper contracts for both, £3m on Shotton who was also apparently on daft wages but couldn't get into Monk's team. We were bang in the middle of making some absolutely terrible deals and not thinking about any of the consequences.

The fact this club has no long term thought process is nothing particularly new. This decision was from a time we were giving players anything they wanted. We were a cash cow waiting to be smashed open and I've no doubt that we've actually damaged our reputation by going from that extreme to the other. The idea that we can't sign players because we don't have money to spend is only gonna be driven home because we were making a bloody good reputation of spending just a few years ago.

Just a thought for the admins, but to improve the forum when the discussions comes off track regarding what the thread is about then why don't you start a poll for members to use as alternative?Hopefully this may side track members constantly coming off thread.

There is nothing worse of reading endless amounts of pages of *** that has got nothing to do with transfers rumours. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just a thought for the admins, but to improve the forum when the discussions comes off track regarding what the thread is about then why don't you start a poll for members to use as alternative?Hopefully this may side track members constantly coming off thread.

There is nothing worse of reading endless amounts of pages of *** that has got nothing to do with transfers rumours. 

To be fair, there is not much in terms of transfers is there?

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I agree. Everytime i come on here there is over 50 posts and i think tgere must be some good news in here. And there never is 😭

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

A poll about what?

This is traditionally the summer transfer thread is for - a catch all for any and all chat to keep us occupied.  There's so little actual transfer news, this thread would be about 5 posts long without all the nonsense.

There's literally no transfer news whatsoever to discuss.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, macapes said:

A poll about what?

This is traditionally the summer transfer thread is for - a catch all for any and all chat to keep us occupied.  There's so little actual transfer news, this thread would be about 5 posts long without all the nonsense.

There is non football transfer threads where people can discuss non transfer news.

A poll could be just used as a side technique to hopefully bring the transfer thread back on track.

It's highly annoying coming on here and seeing talk regarding redundancies etc when thats got nothing to do with transfer speculation/rumours/news.

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

A poll about what?

There's literally no transfer news whatsoever to discuss.

Exactly. It’s not like it’s even over the top. We’ve already had a signing and there’s only 515 pages. Don’t know what the problem is 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've tried to police these transfer threads in the past and its just impossible. The thing is, with a transfers thread almost every single thing that goes on in the club is a factor - current squad, formation, finances, backroom staff - they all directly influence transfers. So we just need to let it flow really, thats not much alternative. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We've tried to police these transfer threads in the past and its just impossible. The thing is, with a transfers thread almost every single thing that goes on in the club is a factor - current squad, formation, finances, backroom staff - they all directly influence transfers. So we just need to let it flow really, thats not much alternative. 

Just delete everyones posts that is non related transfer news!😂

I will give it a go for a day for you.

Ps admins, keep up the good work. Not blaming you but same culprits come off track (bit like I am doing now I suppose)

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If the option was ours then we could choose not to enact it and then offer him a contract on reduced terms.  I'd be surprised if he was on the same contract as before, that would be terrible business from our point of view.

Howson has a ‘Downing’ clause in his contract. It was triggered about half way through last season. There was no negotiation like with Downing. The option to take the extra year on the same terms was Howson’s. He didn’t get a significantly better offer.

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

To be fair, there is not much in terms of transfers is there?

I agree. We may as well not bother having a transfer thread such is the level of inactivity at MFC. Another rant but I’m absolutely appalled at the whole situation. The lowest scorers in the division and we’ve only signed Grant Hall on a free. But it’s NEVER going to change because the club is not learning from its mistakes. We are a shambles I don’t understand how people try to defend it. It’s not like we’ve only just started saying that we need some creativity we’ve been saying it for years! 

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)