oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Fulham have made Harrison Reeds move permanent and signed Mario Lemina from Saints on loan who another midfielder. They have a pretty inflated squad so we could look to get 1 or 2 of they players on loan.

I cant see McDonald or Johansen getting a game for them in central midfield.

They also got plenty of wide men and I cannot see Kamara getting much game time either.

Would take McDonald for the deep role. Very good passer of a ball

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Yeah McDonald was a huge part of fulham team that got promoted first time. Did not play much in PL or last season in championship. He 32 in November so not sure if his legs have gone.

Forgot they also had Arter there on loan from Bournemouth but latter might use him now they in champipmship. Think Warnock signed Arter for Cardiff when in PL and wanted him again last season but he went to Fulham instead. I might be wrong but think Fulham manager is Arters brother in law.

Point of my post, other than to give you harry arters family tree is there are players out there and more will become available as clubs starting strengthening 

23 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah McDonald was a huge part of fulham team that got promoted first time. Did not play much in PL or last season in championship. He 32 in November so not sure if his legs have gone.

Forgot they also had Arter there on loan from Bournemouth but latter might use him now they in champipmship. Think Warnock signed Arter for Cardiff when in PL and wanted him again last season but he went to Fulham instead. I might be wrong but think Fulham manager is Arters brother in law.

Point of my post, other than to give you harry arters family tree is there are players out there and more will become available as clubs starting strengthening 

Yeah Parker is Arter’s brother in law. I agree, I think our best signings this window May end up being premier league loans. That is my hope anyway. Let’s see

7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

All may end up alright if we get Jacob Murphy and Patrick Robert's onloan as these two on the wings will give us an attack we currently don't have 😄

If only it was that easy... 

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be some top quality players available on loan soon from the Premier league. Whether we can afford them or persuade them to come here is another matter. 

12 hours ago, Will said:

From what I’ve heard Sanogo is taking the ***, when he’s in absolutely no position to do so.

When you say he’s in no position surely with clubs counting pennies everywhere it’s a good time to be a free agent right now as you’d be more in demand than usual? Although I suppose on the other side of it you’ve got people like Shotton and Ayala who haven’t even really been linked with anyone yet 

Just now, Downsouth said:

You get the impression that there will be many "free agents" not being able to ply their trade this season which could be useful further down the line.

That’s true. They could still be signed after the window closes. Clubs might just hang on with what they’ve got and see how the pandemic is going before committing to extra signings 

• Like 1

The fitness of these players would be my worry.

I do wonder if the salaries they've been paid up to now makes them a bit apathetic. They've got loads of cash in the bank at the moment. Probably don't see the rush. But how long do they leave it? How low an offer do they take? 

Whilst I would love us to have some signings to talk about, I don't want to pay over the odds when the club has no income.

• Like 2

I think we have already made 5 or 6 signings, but will announce them all at the same time to save money on tea and biscuits on multiple press conferences. Also the 5 players can just hold a single large boro flag between them to save money on individual Boro tops.

*climbs out of nuclear bunker and takes off tin foil hat*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
28 minutes ago, Ruathain said:

I think we have already made 5 or 6 signings, but will announce them all at the same time to save money on tea and biscuits on multiple press conferences. Also the 5 players can just hold a single large boro flag between them to save money on individual Boro tops.

*climbs out of nuclear bunker and takes off tin foil hat*

With first posts like that maybe you should return to your bunker😉

Welcome to the forum btw!

The worry about relying purely on loan signings is that we will be in exactly the same position next season. Even worse with Britt and others at the end of their contracts. We are short of core players and do need some permanent signings. 

• Like 6
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)