oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

The worry about relying purely on loan signings is that we will be in exactly the same position next season. Even worse with Britt and others at the end of their contracts. We are short of core players and do need some permanent signings. 

There’s only really Britt and Fletcher who I’d be bothered about though. Howson will be another year older and Johnson as we know is a decent enough squad player but not essential. I think Meijas is the other one. I agree with what you’re saying overall though, just poor business sense to have your only 2 strikers contracts expiring. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

The worry about relying purely on loan signings is that we will be in exactly the same position next season. Even worse with Britt and others at the end of their contracts. We are short of core players and do need some permanent signings. 

I’d expect the wage cap to be in by the time that comes around. It’s be a clever negotiating strategy from the club to offer new deals now before it comes in. But they’re useless so won’t. 

Someone like Britt won’t get anywhere near what he’s currently on

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’d expect the wage cap to be in by the time that comes around. It’s be a clever negotiating strategy from the club to offer new deals now before it comes in. But they’re useless so won’t. 

He will likely go somewhere foreign where the wage cap doesnt apply.

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’d love to think the whole approach we have this year is some clever long term strategy but we know it isn’t! Someone on here said Britt was open to signing a new contract but we’re not interested. Meh 

22 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18686337.middlesbroughs-hopes-re-signing-ben-gibson-increase/

Echo make it sound like we're pretty confident on Gibson, mention Warnock wanted Darlow but because if Dubravka's injury that looks a no go.

Seems to me that the signing of Gibson is the be all and end all of the window and until done nothing else matters.Once completed (if) then I would suggest other things fall into place.

Look I am not anti Gibson's arrival indeed should be a good thing for all but I do wonder on the financial asects being a bar to other avenues

I don’t think Gibson ever wanted to leave and certainly not to Burnley. Perhaps Steve Gibson feels personally responsible for his nephews situation at Burnley and wants to make things right while at the same time improving the squad

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Seems to me that the signing of Gibson is the be all and end all of the window and until done nothing else matters.Once completed (if) then I would suggest other things fall into place.

Look I am not anti Gibson's arrival indeed should be a good thing for all but I do wonder on the financial asects being a bar to other avenues

I think it’s more a case of our number 1,2 and 3 choices have turned us down, rather than Gibson’s deal being the stumbling block to our other deals. 

I’d be happy to get Gibson back, we can’t turn it down if that chance is there, but if we’ve thrown money at players and they’ve not come, I don’t see how getting Gibson over the line would have changed that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I think it’s more a case of our number 1,2 and 3 choices have turned us down, rather than Gibson’s deal being the stumbling block to our other deals. 

I’d be happy to get Gibson back, we can’t turn it down if that chance is there, but if we’ve thrown money at players and they’ve not come, I don’t see how getting Gibson over the line would have changed that.

youmean the free's, super cheap and cheap options right?

• Like 1

Can't argue with that MBP but it will not be cheap of that I am sure, we probably were very limited finacially wise when talking to others due to what it will cost to bring Ben Gibson back

Anyway I am more excited by the fact that @SmogDane will soon have  a Match day thread up and running

• Like 2

McNair is talking about promotion now too.

It's a bit weird to see the club releasing multiple interviews discussing promotion when there seems to be a very half-arsed effort to help the manager achieve it.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

McNair is talking about promotion now too.

It's a bit weird to see the club releasing multiple interviews discussing promotion when there seems to be a very half-arsed effort to help the manager achieve it.

I’m hoping that they know something that we don’t 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)