oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Dont expect Britt to feature at all this week. There has been some interest and the club are desperate to get it pushed through quickly.

Can I make it clear before I go further I love Britt and love him to stay but....

If this is real then financially this maybe good for the club and help us see things move forward on transfer front. Why? Britt is on a reported what 35k per week + transfer fee this would be a lot of opportunity to bring in others + salaries for players. 

Unpopular opinion but I won’t be bothered if Britt leaves.

Yeah he has a decent scoring record but has some pretty big downsides to his game. Main one for me is he is just not a striker who can lead from the front, he constantly plays on the edges of a game and ‘pops up’ to score. 

When have we ever seen him dominate a defence or came away thinking he was phenomenal. Rarely if ever, for £15m he just hasn’t delivered, his game is 75/25% in favour of penalty area play over regular game play.

Im not saying Sanogo is the answer or I particularly WANT Britt to leave, not like we will replace him with any better. I just don’t think he’s as important to the team as made out.

7 hours ago, scottpilgrim said:

Dont expect Britt to feature at all this week. There has been some interest and the club are desperate to get it pushed through quickly.

Why would Warnock make Britt captain at Plymouth and then the club have the Evening Gibson run an article on it if he's on his way out of the club?

@Will you gonna smoke this fool?

It did say in the Nothern Echo that Warnock likes to have 4 strikers, if that’s the case then we need 2 as it is. But I can understand with Britt going into his last year that’s it’s the club last chance to get any sort of fee for him, plus the wages. 

Maybe we haven’t bought another player yet because we need to sell first? I know we lost 8/9 out of contract however maybe the clubs finances are worst than we though. That Monk summer was just catastrophic looking back. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boronutter said:

i dont think ass will go as no one will pay his wages 

That’s what I think, however the likes of Bournemouth will lose Wilson & King, they would be able to offer good wages. Even Watford, as they’ll lose Deeney. 

Realistically we ain’t getting anywhere near the £15 we shelled out for him, not even half. I reckon between £5-7m.  

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)