oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think Bola and Browne count though, they were both part of the shambles of a season.

Stubbs was not, and I'm happy counting him as a reinforcement.

With that logic we have had 0 departures🙃

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

With that logic we have had 0 departures🙃

Not really.

Two players who played for us last season don't count as reinforcements given they were already here last season.

Stubbs did not play any part last season, he's effectively a new squad member for the season.

The 8 departures aren't playing for us this season.

Maybe we should not panic as we have a good squad anyway? That’s what other Managers in the League have been telling us for years. The number of times I have heard people say we are underachieving with the players we have. Maybe we just needed a good Manager to get the team playing in the right way and to start winning. Hopefully Warnock is the man. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

So they don’t count as departures then. Because they were with us last season when we were ***.

By what logic does that make sense?

They're departures because they've left.

Browne and Bola aren't arrivals because they were already here.

May as well count Marvin Johnson as an incoming because he was a free agent till he accepted our contract extension, even though he played the full season.

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not really.

Two players who played for us last season don't count as reinforcements given they were already here last season.

Stubbs did not play any part last season, he's effectively a new squad member for the season.

The 8 departures aren't playing for us this season.

And the 8 that has left hasn’t weakened us as they were part of a crap team? If Browne and Bola have improved since leaving then I’ll count them as reinforcements compared to the first 6 months they were here. I’m not sure I follow your logic

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

By what logic does that make sense?

They're departures because they've left.

Browne and Bola aren't arrivals because they were already here.

May as well count Marvin Johnson as an incoming because he was a free agent till he accepted our contract extension, even though he played the full season.

The difference is Browne and Bola left halfway through to improve and by all accounts it sounds like Browne had a good spell at Oxford albeit in league 1. But if he come later back stronger he will be a reinforcement compared to when he was here for the opening 5 months. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The difference is Browne and Bola left halfway through to improve and by all accounts it sounds like Browne had a good spell at Oxford albeit in league 1. But if he come later back stronger he will be a reinforcement compared to when he was here for the opening 5 months. 

I don't deny he'll improve the squad, I've been the biggest advocate of Marcus Browne on this forum since we loaned him out, I thought we were daft to do it in the first place, but he's not a new signing.

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

There’s been too much positivity in this thread today, someone bring us crashing down to Earth please 

Warnock's not expecting any signings this week, the Gazette are now spinning that actually we've never enquired about Gibson and ermmm, I paid £7.50 for fish and chips this afternoon and the fish was tiny.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)