oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Gibsons been training with the club for since warnocks been here if he didn't want him, I'm sure he would have told him to do one by now

It's not Warnock's decision in the same way as us trying to sign him has nothing to do with Warnock either.  Whoever the manager was right now, we'd be looking to sign Gibson, if we can get it done.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Are we really discussing the credibility of something Alan Nixon is saying?

Has the guy got any boro related story right?

This is the journalist who could not work out if we were interested in Bettinelli or Phillips over weekend right?

• Like 4

I can imagine what Warnock thinks about it all. A player who doesn’t play for us training with the team full time. It’s ridiculous when you think about it. Must be awkward to coach formations and positioning - do you include him or not? Just daft. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I hope Gibbo doesn’t push this - signing Ben- to the point of upsetting Warnock. That would be a disaster.

Warnock wants Gibson, Alan Nixon knows nothing.

My opinion, Ben is over rated as a top class player and more suited to a club like BORO. 
As for transfers, well we simply don’t have the finances and we need to get use to the fact we are adjusting to the town the club represents. 
Warnock has little if any influence on which players will be recruited. My opinion on transfers is simple, don’t expect the club to do anything but screw it up. 

Just now, sanddancer said:

My opinion, Ben is over rated as a top class player and more suited to a club like BORO. 
As for transfers, well we simply don’t have the finances and we need to get use to the fact we are adjusting to the town the club represents. 
Warnock has little if any influence on which players will be recruited. My opinion on transfers is simple, don’t expect the club to do anything but screw it up. 

positive as ever SD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of championship and premier league clubs doing business now. It’s got nothing to do with there being a global pandemic. That’s an excuse. We’ve been cost cutting for two seasons now. We’ve shipped out lots of our high earners from the premier league era so there’s clearly room for investment. Shameful transfer window from Boro and they should be held accountable for it. Seething.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Lots of championship and premier league clubs doing business now. It’s got nothing to do with there being a global pandemic. That’s an excuse. We’ve been cost cutting for two seasons now. We’ve shipped out lots of our high earners from the premier league era so there’s clearly room for investment. Shameful transfer window from Boro and they should be held accountable for it. Seething.

Few weeks of it left yet squire, although I've resigned myself to not a lot coming in

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

... so there’s clearly room for investment. 

Hmm.  Not very clear to me, I'm afraid.  How much revenue will the club bring in this season??  I don't have an answer to that, and I don't think the club does either.

😐😐

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

Hmm.  Not very clear to me, I'm afraid.  How much revenue will the club bring in this season??  I don't have an answer to that, and I don't think the club does either.

😐😐

It's not clear at all, we have been losing money for years. Expectation and reality is so far apart from our fanbase

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

😐😐

The big if in our revenue this season is on how many people stream the games frankly

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)