oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

15 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i've had enough of this negativity. i'm going to scour the world for players with totally cool names and suggest we sign them based on that alone. like a few years ago when i wanted marvelous and success to sign.

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All for this, I'm a fan of a good name.

Creedence Clearwater Couto (born March 6, 1979), commonly known as Paulista, is a Brazilian association footballer who plays as a striker for Santa Cruz in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul.

A journeyman, he has spent the majority of his career in the lower reaches of Brazilian football apart from one loan spell at Lierse of Belgium's Pro League in 2005. He also had an unsuccessful trial at Stabæk of Norway in 2006.[1]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Casper Højer Nielsen. Good left back with a quality left foot. On the brink of the Danish national team. Available at around 2 million euros. Plays mainly in a back 4 though. Don't think he would demand more than 10k a week max.

Sign him up! 

12 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

I can't believe some of the stuff I read on here.  I don't live in the area, so what is that causes such a defeatist attitude??  Something in the water??  If there's anything that really gets up my nose, it's a "no can do" attitude.

Bahh!!     😐😐

I don't live in the area either 🙂

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

hows this one for you Shaquille Pinas hes a young CB. we'll never concede with Big Pinas at the back

Sign him up right now.

7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I completely agree with you on everything you say there and the irony is, you are someone I agree with a lot on here and I agree with those who rightly hold the club to account

But equally we need to accept the situation we are in now and that its going to be a hard road out of it

I accept the situation of being a Championship team (hell I actually quite like the league and there's part of me that doesn't mind being eternally stuck here - at least in terms of the actual games that is). But the situation we are in now is almost entirely self caused and I don't think we can blame the fans for feeling disillusioned with that.

7 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

The main reason why I don't post on here more often is the naval gazing that seems to permeate through many comments.

Frankly its at times embarrassing and whilst I'm always keen to hear rational and objective debate (with a little passion thrown in too) it often borders on hysteria. 

We start will a decent squad and a manager whose track record is second to none, at this level.

Its strange times and id rather the club operated sensibly, than threw good money after bad.

We know the manager wants a few more in certain areas and its obvious the club ate working hard to achieve that. Beyond those facts everything else is guesswork.

We start with a decent first 11, I would actually agree with that. Our squad is not decent though, because it's not big enough. At the moment our bench is going to consist almost entirely of kids. We need better than that.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Championship team (hell I actually quite like the league and there's part of me that doesn't mind being eternally stuck here - at least in terms of the actual games that is). But the situation we are in now is almost entirely self caused and I don't think we can blame the fans for feeling disillusioned with that.

I think its just the balance between understandable disillusionment and questioning of the situation, compared with the posters who build themselves up to be disappointed and then inherently negative which I find to be a perverse boro attitude

11 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I mean there's also Matty Cash who has just been sold for quite a bit of Cash (16 million)

16 million for a Championship right back. Absolute madness.

54 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Okay, so again, I repeat. If we can't be negative, what should we be posting about mate? Because if you remove all the negative posts this place would be a graveyard. 

If we start playing well, the positive posts will start flowing again. Sure, there's always some muppets throwing season tickets at managers when you're comfortably in the premier league. There's always gonna be dissenters, but the sheer volume of them is entirely down to the club being an absolute shambles from top to bottom right now and until we have any evidence that things are changing, or at least until performances on the pitch give some optimism, I don't understand why you're surprised people are negative. 

Being positive achieves *** all too, honestly, so why bother with that either? 

That bit is absolutely not true. Having a positive outlook achieves a hell of a lot for a persons well being and mental health.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think its just the balance between understandable disillusionment and questioning of the situation, compared with the posters who build themselves up to be disappointed and then inherently negative which I find to be a perverse boro attitude

Yup.  Disillusionment??  Perfectly understandable.  Questioning of the situation, so as to arrive at a precise definition of the problem(s)??  Essential. 

We haven't seen very much, if any, evidence of the club's progress in managing this situation, but our hope and expectation is that somebody senior is applying himself / herself to fixing it.  Fixing it good.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)