oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

think the the one in the middle is the one before the Watfrd game. 

He says on here one the middle of next week then one before the Watford game.

I hope I'm right with what t I understand from that but you're probably right with just the one with Boro's recruitment team.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I hope I'm right with what t I understand from that but you're probably right with just the one with Boro's recruitment team.

to me it sounds like he says then, but then refers back to the one in the middle of the week being before the watford game.  

but that's the way I hear it

• Like 2

He kind of trips himself up seems to me like he was clarifying the one in the middle of next week would be before the Watford game then he said 3 more in the couple of weeks after maybe 4.

The specific mention of middle of next week definitely lends credence to it being a free agent in quarantine probably?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

The Watford game is next Friday.

Surely he'd just say two in the middle of next week if he thought there were two.

6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If you’re telling me Warnock would turn down Hoilett who drove them to promotion for 500k... guarantee it wasn’t him 

wasn;t he refering to a Free Transfer, Hoilett is still at Cardiff isn't he?

Maybe Warnock has decided on 3-5-2 because we have the likes of Spence, Coulson, and Johnson who it suits better than a 4 at the back? Why play a system which alienates 2/3 players from that system when you already have a small squad? We'd have to sign 2/3 wingers and 2/3 full backs just to make a system like 4-3-3 work. In the current market, that's nigh on impossible. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I don't think he does and only says one before the Watford game, then another three or four if we lose anybody. That might be a goal keeper if either of our more senior two leave.

14 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Maybe Warnock has decided on 3-5-2 because we have the likes of Spence, Coulson, and Johnson who it suits better than a 4 at the back? Why play a system which alienates 2/3 players from that system when you already have a small squad? We'd have to sign 2/3 wingers and 2/3 full backs just to make a system like 4-3-3 work. In the current market, that's nigh on impossible. 

agreed. Dijksteel will be important in that formation.

playing 3 CBs could make a loan from Wolves attractive

46 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Didn't see this anecdote posted earlier

“I went after a player a few weeks ago and the guy I rang told me he’d go away and speak to the hierarchy then he came back and told me he wanted £1.5 million.

“I said, ‘Well I value him at about £400k me, so good luck to you.’

“This week they’ve come back and said we’ll take £500k now, but I said, ‘It’s too late now I don’t want him.

Wonder who he's talking about there?

This is quite an intriguing comment to me. I presume this is post Grant Hall.  Why wouldn’t he want him if he has been offered at a price similar to his valuation? We must have someone lined up who is better.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)