oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Confirmed team for tomorrow:

Stoj
   Fry Hall Djik
Marv         Spence 
Howson wing Tav
     Britt Fletch

not many options tbf

stoj or pears

coulson has had a knock

and the Fry or Woods

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

The fact he has mentioned the Need for 2 further strikers in the press conference And he is hopeful of one middle of next week makes me think a striker is all but done. Intrigued if that is the case. Let’s hope so

2 minutes ago, Poly said:

The fact he has mentioned the Need for 2 further strikers in the press conference And he is hopeful of one middle of next week makes me think a striker is all but done. Intrigued if that is the case. Let’s hope so

Since the #1 is not allocated why couldn't it be a new goalkeeper?

2 hours ago, Boro Banker said:

I would imagine all payments would be due if his contract at Burnley was terminated early.  Hard to imagine why a loan fee would come our way. 

2 hours ago, Will said:

I just assumed that any payments would have to be paid if his contract is ended prematurely. I don’t know, just what I always assumed with deferred payments.

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

I think this is how it works Will. If they sell him they would have to pay us in full.

I don't think that would be practical, would it?  What if the club sells the player for a lot less than they paid for him?  Say you sign a player for £50m and you sell him a year later for £10m for example.  The original deal sees you pay that fee over a set period of time but now you'd have to pay all of it off ahead of time?  From a business perspective that wouldn't make any sense at all.

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

He says on here one the middle of next week then one before the Watford game.

I hope I'm right with what t I understand from that but you're probably right with just the one with Boro's recruitment team.

No, he's just clarifying that the one he hopes to get next week will be before the Watford game.  It's not two players.

13 hours ago, SmogDane said:

You are also one of the self proclaimed "realists" some see as a pessimist - No offence 😉

SmogDane  no offense taking my friend. 
I like to think I’m a realist but to be fair a proclaimed realist could be pessimist or a optimist depending on how others view the post. Example if you agree with what I post I guess I am a realist and if you don’t I am a pessimist, or worse. I like to see past people’s inabilities and choose to accept people do have views that may not coincide with mine. 
Joking and to be fair I don’t wish come across a pessimist but that’s the way I’m judged. Hell it would be boring on here if we all agreed with each other and it was all back slapping and high fives. I’ll live with it.. UTB! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

Maybe Warnock has decided on 3-5-2 because we have the likes of Spence, Coulson, and Johnson who it suits better than a 4 at the back? Why play a system which alienates 2/3 players from that system when you already have a small squad? We'd have to sign 2/3 wingers and 2/3 full backs just to make a system like 4-3-3 work. In the current market, that's nigh on impossible. 

So what you're saying is that because we haven't signed anyone, we'll be forced to play a system that Warnock doesn't really want to play?  Hooray!

Just now, Changing Times said:

So what you're saying is that because we haven't signed anyone, we'll be forced to play a system that Warnock doesn't really want to play?  Hooray!

The flip side to that is this:

A manager who is flexible enough to fit his system around the players strengths and doesn't just smush square pegs into round holes, yay!

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)