oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Considering the deflated transfer climate due to COVID-19, I really don’t think now is the time for us to sell Fry - especially on the back of a really bad season last season and him currently running like Heather Mills. If we wait a season, I think we’ll sell from a far stronger position. If we sell now we’ll get peanuts.

Despite the understandable concerns about Warnock only having a one year deal, in fairness to him he seems to be talking a long-term view with our transfer activity, so he has got my respect for that. I think that if Warnock is here for 2 or 3 seasons - if he doesn’t retire before then - he’ll get us promoted without blowing a fortune.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Whilst Gibson is in charge of our club, I very much doubt you will see him deal with Burnley ever again after the fiasco over the past 18months.

So because Gibson couldn’t get into the team we won’t sell another player again to them? Money talks and like with Ben Gibson to Norwich we will deal with them if the money is right. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

So because Gibson couldn’t get into the team we won’t sell another player again to them? Money talks and like with Ben Gibson to Norwich we will deal with them if the money is right. 

I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think he means behind the scenes Burnley are absolutely *** to deal with.

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think he means behind the scenes Burnley are absolutely *** to deal with.

In that case it makes more sense. I hadn’t heard that before. I still think we will sell to them if they show the money but our patience with nogotiating will probably be shorter. 

Most clubs are difficult to deal with simply because everyone wants best deal possible.

Warnock said today we spent 4 weeks speaking to Wigan about Willians.

I will guarantee you now if Burnley offer what we want for Fry or any of our players we will happily deal with them.

And am not entirely sure what Burnley done wrong in Gibson deal. Norwich just rwportedly give them a 2m loan fee with an 8m perm deal to possibly follow whilst covering 28k of his 40k wages for the season. We were never in a position to match that so why should they accept our offer when Norwich offering a much better package to them.

Utter nonsense to suggest burnley are bad guys in this. No one is the bad guy in this. Its business. And it will be business if they offer what we want for Fry.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Burnley and Boro's relationship is broke. Gibson is stubborn and won't deal with Burnley again and it's got absolutely nothing to do with his nephew not getting selected.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Burnley and Boro's relationship is broke. Gibson is stubborn and won't deal with Burnley again and it's got absolutely nothing to do with his nephew not getting selected.

Thinking back to the days when Pulis said what an absolute pleasure Burnley were to deal with when they bought Ben - smooth transfer done quickly without any issues! 😄

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Thinking back to the days when Pulis said what an absolute pleasure Burnley were to deal with when they bought Ben - smooth transfer done quickly without any issues! 😄

Probably contracted to say it as part of his backhanded from Burnley for getting the deal done

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

If we dont sign 2 centre backs and a left back asap we are as good as relegated. Today was a shambles.

Seriously I wouldn't get your hopes up for a LB. NW absolutely loves Johnson.

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

could the midweek signing be someone involved in international games? Israel perhaps?

Possibly, the scottish Sun has linked us with Glazer, along with Watford and Rangers.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)