oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

One goal one assist tonight?

The goal was a dreadful effort that the keeper threw in for him and the assist was a routine pass to the near post, I wouldn't be falling over to praise him. 

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Someone mentioned Alfie Mawson could be available on loan, unfortunately it looks like he is about to join Bristol City.

Decent signing for them 

7 hours ago, Aphex_Boro said:

The goal was a dreadful effort that the keeper threw in for him and the assist was a routine pass to the near post, I wouldn't be falling over to praise him. 

I think that's a bit harsh. 

A dreadful effort would surely be a shot blazed over or wide. It was a shot on target that the keeper fluffed.

His assist was a good, well weighted pass that resulted in a first time shot in to the goal.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Yet if DJed Spence scored and got an assist people would be talking him up. I’ve said from the start that Marvin Johnson really hasn’t had a fair crack at it the Boro fans haven’t liked him since his displays under Monk when let’s face it most of the players were ****. Now every time he puts a foot wrong the fans kick off but when he does something good the fans still don’t want to compliment him. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, SA Red said:

I think that's a bit harsh. 

A dreadful effort would surely be a shot blazed over or wide. It was a shot on target that the keeper fluffed.

His assist was a good, well weighted pass that resulted in a first time shot in to the goal.

Agree. Had to be on target to go in. Ok. The keeper fluffed his lines. But still. And the assist I thought was excellent. One of the few good moves we put together all game.
All in all. I believe we still have a hell of a lot to work on. Shrewsbury played well. They are not some mid table L1 team. They have been challenging for promotion for a couple of seasons. But I think we let them play by giving the ball away aimlessly on too many occasions. We have to stop the hoof ball or we will get punished.

But we did score 4. So creating at least.

Thought Johnson played quite well.

His goal was almost entirely down to poor goalkeeping, but he still found him self in space and his assist was spot on.

Don't think he was at fault for any of their goals either, would be harsh to criticise him for playing on their player for the third, not sure why he's getting stick.

Hall had a poor competitive debut though, I hope that's not a sign of things to come.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thought Johnson played quite well.

His goal was almost entirely down to poor goalkeeping, but he still found him self in space and his assist was spot on.

Don't think he was at fault for any of their goals either, would be harsh to criticise him for playing on their player for the third, not sure why he's getting stick.

Basically because he doesnt have any idea how to defend and makes silly mistakes that often lead to goals. He isnt too bad at the opposite end.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Yet if DJed Spence scored and got an assist people would be talking him up. I’ve said from the start that Marvin Johnson really hasn’t had a fair crack at it the Boro fans haven’t liked him since his displays under Monk when let’s face it most of the players were ****. Now every time he puts a foot wrong the fans kick off but when he does something good the fans still don’t want to compliment him. 

I dont mind Johnson as an wing back, but he is better at attacking than defending. The only issue I have with it is that Fry isn't great at LCB so it makes us a bit weak defensively down that side. If we had a left footed CB to play alongside him I don't think there would be any complaints about him as his defensive limitations wouldn't be exposed so often. 

Would anyone else try Bola over Fry in that LCB role? I mean, he can't do much worse and if that's the system we are playing we would still have Coulson to cover the LWB option.

I still think there's a defender in Fry by the way, this isn't knocking the lads abilities, but he's not very assured at all on that side. If you're gonna play him in a three has to be as the centre or right sided positions.

9 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I dont mind Johnson as an wing back, but he is better at attacking than defending. The only issue I have with it is that Fry isn't great at LCB so it makes us a bit weak defensively down that side. If we had a left footed CB to play alongside him I don't think there would be any complaints about him as his defensive limitations wouldn't be exposed so often. 

Would anyone else try Bola over Fry in that LCB role? I mean, he can't do much worse and if that's the system we are playing we would still have Coulson to cover the LWB option.

I still think there's a defender in Fry by the way, this isn't knocking the lads abilities, but he's not very assured at all on that side. If you're gonna play him in a three has to be as the centre or right sided positions.

Not a hope Bola hasnt yet shown he can even play LB/LWB.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)