oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Barnsley close to signing a forward according to alan nixon. Maybe that will free up woodrow( Please?)

Is it defo Woodrow we are looking at then?

Sanogo as a 3rd (Target Man option) striker, Morsy a more defensively minded midfielder and Woodrow as a 9/10 would be decent business. Gives us 4 different options up top, which lines up with what Warnock said he wanted. Then Morsy gives us a player who can specifically shield the back 3.

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Sanogo as a 3rd (Target Man option) striker, Morsy a more defensively minded midfielder and Woodrow as a 9/10 would be decent business. Gives us 4 different options up top, which lines up with what Warnock said he wanted. Then Morsy gives us a player who can specifically shield the back 3.

If sanogo comes in i hope he gets a chance. I wasnt impressed at all with britt on friday. I know its early doors but i havent been impressed with him most of the time he has been here. Hoping warnock gets the best out of him this season but im really sceptical about that 

2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

If sanogo comes in i hope he gets a chance. I wasnt impressed at all with britt on friday. I know its early doors but i havent been impressed with him most of the time he has been here. Hoping warnock gets the best out of him this season but im really sceptical about that 

I wouldn't worry/judge Britt on Friday's game.

Back end of 19/20 season Britt played 8 games under Warnock and scored 5 (1 Pen). 

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I wouldn't worry/judge Britt on Friday's game.

Back end of 19/20 season Britt played 8 games under Warnock and scored 5 (1 Pen). 

I hope your right but im hoping he contributes to more goals this season as well as scoring them 

I think it's ludicrous to criticise Britt about his time here to be honest.

Not once have we played to his strengths - for the last 4 years we have consistently reverted to hit-and-hope hoofball regardless of the manager we've had (even saw it against Shrewsbury, to my IMMENSE frustration) and it just isn't his game.

My abiding memory of watching Britt Assombalonga play for Middlesbrough is watching our defence by-pass the midfield, ping a long ball towards him, and seeing the taller centre back win the header and turnover possession.

The man has been done an absolute disservice.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

I think it's ludicrous to criticise Britt about his time here to be honest.

Not once have we played to his strengths - for the last 4 years we have consistently reverted to hit-and-hope hoofball regardless of the manager we've had (even saw it against Shrewsbury, to my IMMENSE frustration) and it just isn't his game.

My abiding memory of watching Britt Assombalonga play for Middlesbrough is watching our defence by-pass the midfield, ping a long ball towards him, and seeing the taller centre back win the header and turnover possession.

The man has been done an absolute disservice.

This is partly true, we haven’t always played to his strengths. 

However, he’s missed a fair share of good chances playing for us. If you want to ignore that, fair enough. 

Also, he has a tendency to try and always beat his man when he doesn’t really have the ability to do so, instead of playing it simple and retaining possession. 

Ive been encouraged by the way he’s played since Warnock came in (not just his goals) and I hope he continues that form this season 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)