oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He gets chances and he misses chances... just like every striker. But the fact is he's been playing in a team that has been the LOWEST SCORERS in the entire LEAGUE. If you're happy to say that's Britt's fault then fine, but I don't think it is.

Im not saying he it at fault but i think hes part of the problem like every other player. I only said that i think sonogo deserves a chance and if its over britt then so be it because britt deserve to start as much as any other player in the squad. Your the one saying its ludicrous to to have a negative opinion on britt

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Need the least!? Our creativity is awful, I’ve wanted us to sign Woodrow all summer but if anything Mowatt would probably be the most needed.

And replace who?

Wouldn't Tav be playing the role of providing this season? If we get Mowett is it another season on the bench for Tav, we need to give him the opportunity to be the creative CM for us

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He's playing as a striker tonight, and Warnock wants him at CB. The guy is the ultimate utility player haha

Looks like Warnocks right. They’re 3-1 down. Get him back to shore things up. The new Beckenbauer!

I'd trust McNair at CB or as one of the wider CMs bombing on, wouldn't want him holding the midfield and his spell at RWB under Pulis wasn't great.

I really hope he's off set pieces this season after seeing his corners and free kicks over the years best off being in the box for them. If Warnock can get a consistent tune out of him and Saville our squad suddenly would look a lot deeper and more menacing in my opinion.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd trust McNair at CB or as one of the wider CMs bombing on, wouldn't want him holding the midfield and his spell at RWB under Pulis wasn't great.

I really hope he's off set pieces this season after seeing his corners and free kicks over the years best off being in the box for them. If Warnock can get a consistent tune out of him and Saville our squad suddenly would look a lot deeper and more menacing in my opinion.

Saville is a nailed on starter, him alongside tav and hopefully Morsy. That 3 is decent and has a bit of everything, pace, energy with tav, discipline, graft, nastiness with the other 2. I like it. 

• Like 2

Why all this Britt hate we been over this time and time again we don't play to his strengths he is lucky to get 1 chance a game thus as he is a championship striker inorder to score he needs multiple chances so does miss a fair few.  But if he was one shot one kill he would not be at Middlesbrough 🙃. Warnock is trying to get his confidence back by him being made captain so he feels like the main man that hopefully leads to his best goal scoring season for us 🥅

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Why all this Britt hate we been over this time and time again we don't play to his strengths he is lucky to get 1 chance a game thus as he is a championship striker inorder to score he needs multiple chances so does miss a fair few.  But if he was one shot one kill he would not be at Middlesbrough 🙃. Warnock is trying to get his confidence back by him being made captain so he feels like the main man that hopefully leads to his best goal scoring season for us 🥅

Exactly. We did over pay for him but that's not the lads fault is it? He is as good as any striker in this league. 

• Like 2

Fair criticism is not hate....for his fee, he should be more involved ...trying to win ball, making runs to create space for others...passing to people in better positions..not just hanging around in the middle of the pitch..if he put himself about as much as his team mates, he would score more, but his movement is usually in areas that make him easy to block out ...you can't play to one person's strengths without weakening the team overall as every opponent will know how to neutralise us, if he can become a team player then we will be much more dangerous ..he has the strength to hold the ball and play people in, he just seems to lack the inclination sometimes 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Fair criticism is not hate....for his fee, he should be more involved ...trying to win ball, making runs to create space for others...passing to people in better positions..not just hanging around in the middle of the pitch..if he put himself about as much as his team mates, he would score more, but his movement is usually in areas that make him easy to block out ...you can't play to one person's strengths without weakening the team overall as every opponent will know how to neutralise us, if he can become a team player then we will be much more dangerous ..he has the strength to hold the ball and play people in, he just seems to lack the inclination sometimes 

He quite often does put himself about though, especially under Warnock his work rate has gone through the roof. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)