oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If I'm honest I would much rather have had Dillon Phillips, better player and resale value. Bettinelli is an upgrade on what we have, but our fans should be prepared for an occassional absolute howler.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I feel for Stoj personally, what a waste of money he's turning out to be. Uproots his life, moves to England, manager gets sacked after you make 2 appearances, new gaffer doesn't like you, off you go again.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I just hope this isn't the only signing Warnock was talking about and the only one we get in this week 🙃🙏

Warnock mentioned a couple this week in an interview. On the video interview he also said one in middle of this week and then another before Friday's game against Watford. Hopefully we can land Bettinelli, Morsy and whoever the free agent ST is who's coming in (probably Sanago).

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

If I'm honest I would much rather have had Dillon Phillips, better player and resale value. Bettinelli is an upgrade on what we have, but our fans should be prepared for an occassional absolute howler.

I agree this is a short-term fix that will mean we most likely be searching for another keeper next summer. However if all goes well we might be a premiership club so can sign a quality keeper 🤩😉

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I feel for Stoj personally, what a waste of money he's turning out to be. Uproots his life, moves to England, manager gets sacked after you make 2 appearances, new gaffer doesn't like you, off you go again.

He does seem a decent bloke on the socials 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

i'm sure his 5k or 10k whatever a week will make up for it. 

23 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Fair criticism is not hate....for his fee, he should be more involved ...trying to win ball, making runs to create space for others...passing to people in better positions..not just hanging around in the middle of the pitch..if he put himself about as much as his team mates, he would score more, but his movement is usually in areas that make him easy to block out ...you can't play to one person's strengths without weakening the team overall as every opponent will know how to neutralise us, if he can become a team player then we will be much more dangerous ..he has the strength to hold the ball and play people in, he just seems to lack the inclination sometimes 

Exactly what im going on about. 

• Like 1

Don't really know much about Bettinelli tbh forgot he existed after out 14/15 season 

So did Fulham by the looks he hasn't been their number 1 since I think

Still got money to spend on other signings this way, I'm actually pleased we've loaned rather than spunked millions on another keeper. 

From his contract situation, we could sign him next summer if he performs well.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)