oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Here we go again. Why reply to these people? You all moan about him being on here and being a troll yet about 10 of you have quoted him and engaged him. Simply block him and/or totally ignore all posts. Never get why it’s so hard to do. 

• Like 7

I mean to be honest, if this is the Dubai lad again, I'm gonna be in *** stitches. Hasn't it been like 6 months since he was originally banned, at least? Imagine having your raison d'être being to 'hack' your way on to OneBoro.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean to be honest, if this is the Dubai lad again, I'm gonna be in *** stitches. Hasn't it been like 6 months since he was originally banned, at least? Imagine having your raison d'être being to 'hack' your way on to OneBoro.

He's a few raisins short of an owld fruit cake...

• Haha 5

Apologies one and all for "the return" sometimes very difficult to pick him out being able to use multiple ip addresses.

This account will be deleted and we will await the new resurrection to follow

Which probably did as I stopped a new user name of stickboroupyour**

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
15 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Apologies one and all for "the return" sometimes very difficult to pick him out being able to use multiple ip addresses.

Are we expecting anything today then apart from Betinelli? Is Morsy & Woodrow still on?

3 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Wonder what today brings Betinelli, Sanogo hopefuly some positive news on Morsy. Roll on friday !!!

Would be fantastic to get them 3 in this week mate. Hopefully Woodrow next week too 

Hopefully a couple through the door this week but wont be holding my breath, as we know things change by the hour in a transfer hopefully warnock has brought a few of his finest cornish pasties back with him to sweeten the deals. Can only give the current squad a lift if we get a few in before watford. 

Is anyone feeling quietly optimistic for this season? I’m not talking promotion or play offs, just a solid 9th-12th place. Which after last season will feel like promotion!

I’m hoping we can get 2 seasons out of Warnock, I think he’ll get us back up there challenging the play offs. But we really need to be thinking about some sort of continuity plan. I don’t want to end up in a position where we get a managing wanting fast flowing attacking tikataka football and having to change the entire squad.

• Like 1

Bettinelli, Morsy, and Sanogo in and the squad starts taking a bit more of a fleshed out shape:

GK - Bettinelli / Stojanovic / Pears / Brynn

CB - Dijksteel / McNair
CB - Hall / Stubbs
CB - Fry / Wood

RWB - Spence / Folarin
LWB - Coulson / Johnson / Bola

CM - Morsy / Howson
CM - Saville / Wing
AM - Tavernier / Browne

ST - Fletcher / Sanogo
ST - Assombalonga / Walker

It's clear there's still areas to strengthen, but encouraging developments and starting to have a balance we've not seen in years. 

50 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

You might have just blocked Stojanovic by mistake 😄

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

3-5-2 won't work at home I just know it, we'll properly struggle to break teams down as usual. All it does is mask our problems for another season imo 

On the contrary I really fancy us in pretty much every away game which is nice

The formation isn't the problem, it's how you play within it that is the issue. When you're playing at home, or against lower opposition, 352 can be an attacking, free flowing formation with 7 people joining each attack and a six defending when off the ball (back 5 and a more defensive minded midfielder). When playing away, you can turn it into a more counter attacking formation with outlets through the centre, or more likely, in the channels.

However, we seem to just keep 7 men behind the ball and hoof it over the midfield at the two strikers every time, regardless of opposition and where we are playing 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)