oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Genuine question as I've not seen him play, why are people so excited about woodrow? Like i said, I've not seen him play so maybe I'm missing something, but his stats aren't exactly stand out-

At 25 years old, last season was the first time he started more than 11 games in a season having failed to break into Bristol, Burton and Fulhams 11.

He scored 14 goals which is decent, but only 3 more than both fletcher and assombalonga who both got criticised for their output last season. 

2 assists which is far less than fletcher and the same as britt. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Genuine question as I've not seen him play, why are people so excited about woodrow? Like i said, I've not seen him play so maybe I'm missing something, but his stats aren't exactly stand out-

At 25 years old, last season was the first time he started more than 11 games in a season having failed to break into Bristol, Burton and Fulhams 11.

He scored 14 goals which is decent, but only 3 more than both fletcher and assombalonga who both got criticised for their output last season. 

2 assists which is far less than fletcher and the same as britt. 

Woodrow is a decent little player. He’s not an out and out goalscorer, but he’d be a good option. 

I’d love us to go for Chaplin personally. 

53 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He won't be first choice at Blackburn either, which is what confuses me.

I think he has a better chance to be first choice at Blackburn than he does here. With us he has to compete with Stojanovic, plus the senior keeper that Warnock has obviously wanted to bring in (Whether that is Bettinelli or Phillips), so he has 2 senior keepers to contend with. At Blackburn they only have 1 keeper in their squad that has played first team football for them, which is the new keeper they signed, so he has 1 senior keeper to contend with. Of which Pears will be the only keeper in the Blackburn squad that currently has Championship experience under his belt.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think he has a better chance to be first choice at Blackburn than he does here. With us he has to compete with Stojanovic, plus the senior keeper that Warnock has obviously wanted to bring in (Whether that is Bettinelli or Phillips), so he has 2 senior keepers to contend with. At Blackburn they only have 1 keeper in their squad that has played first team football for them, which is the new keeper they signed, so he has 1 senior keeper to contend with. Of which Pears will be the only keeper in the Blackburn squad that currently has Championship experience under his belt.

AFAIK though, the keeper Blackburn signed was their top target and Mowbrays number 1, so unless he seriously shits the bed I think Pears would be waiting in the wings there too, although you're right that there's only one GK to get past and not 2.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

AFAIK though, the keeper Blackburn signed was their top target and Mowbrays number 1, so unless he seriously shits the bed I think Pears would be waiting in the wings there too, although you're right that there's only one GK to get past and not 2.

The lack of competition, so to speak, at Blackburn is probably quite appealing for Pears.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, can I point out that it's "could have / could've" and not "could of"

Sorry. Been going through 250+ job applications and the amount of times I've read it mean it's started to grind my gears!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Won't sign a new contract as given no assurances he'd be playing, wants to be first choice after last season but told he won't be. His dads link to Mowbray is behind the move to Blackburn. 

I think it makes sense all round. 

He's out to lunch if he thinks he's ready to be first choice or deserves to be.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, can I point out that it's "could have / could've" and not "could of"

Sorry. Been going through 250+ job applications and the amount of times I've read it mean it's started to grind my gears!

You should of pointed this out sooner then people could of changed their behaviour, and you wouldn't of had to let it get to the point of grinding your gears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
29 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Stickboroupyour** is a pal of mine. He isnt a troll. Been telling about the forum and he wanted to start posting

Tell him to pick a more sensible user name and we’ll welcome him aboard

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Will said:

You should of pointed this out sooner then people could of changed their behaviour, and you wouldn't of had to let it get to the point of grinding your gears.

Could of, would of, should of! 🤷🏻

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Will said:

Aye, I suppose your right. Each to he's own.

• Haha 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)