oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I Don’t get it about Pears at all, he’s never given me any confidence  .. Stoj is a better keeper and Betinelli is an upgrade on Stoj so we have moved forward .. incremental improvement is what we need , it’s what Aitor preached and instilled in the club and it worked until we got a load of money and tried to make a step change. Given our current budgetary constraints it’s the best approach. 

I would think Warnock knows this and being a canny operator thinks he can probably get a uptick in results that far outweighs the investment we seem to be making or capable of making at the moment.

if he does achieve the above his reputation will be enhanced or at least intact at the end of next season..

• Like 4

Sanogo will either be an addition to a long line of Boro Striker flops or become a surprise package under Warnock. He replaces Gestede in the squad so we certainly can't be any worse off but financially we will be considerably better off so that's a positive in itself. If we insist on having a permacrock non scoring Striker in our ranks it may as well be a cheap one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Will said:

You should of pointed this out sooner then people could of changed their behaviour, and you wouldn't of had to let it get to the point of grinding your gears.

Have...its have grinding your gears... 😜

• Like 1

Warnock has 9 Boro games with 5 wins and four defeats, if Bettinelli wins us another 3 or 4 points it all starts to make sense as boroat has stated above. Small measures of improvement without an over reliance in one particular area or player.

8 minutes ago, boroat said:

I Don’t get it about Pears at all, he’s never given me any confidence  .. Stoj is a better keeper and Betinelli is an upgrade on Stoj so we have moved forward .. incremental improvement is what we need , it’s what Aitor preached and instilled in the club and it worked until we got a load of money and tried to make a step change. Given our current budgetary constraints it’s the best approach. 

I would think Warnock knows this and being a canny operator thinks he can probably get a uptick in results that far outweighs the investment we seem to be making or capable of making at the moment.

if he does achieve the above his reputation will be enhanced or at least intact at the end of next season..

From what I saw, Pears put in more than a few good performances. Yes he made mistakes, but he's young and it was his first real run in the senior team. I reckon he could have come good and been our first choice keeper in another season or two.

But circumstances being what they are, I guess we couldn't wait to find out...and seemingly he didn't want to wait either.

Its just sad whenever we have an academy lad who looks like they could become a permanent fixture, only to end up being sold.

Maybe because Sanogo comes in with no expectations he might actually turn out good? Here’s hoping that the striker formula is reversed. 

Happy with Bettenelli also. I think he will offer a sturdy pair of hands and it’s no shame to lose out to Rodak either. 

Hopefully get Morsy and Woodrow over the line and I think that it’s a relatively cheap window but plugging some solid players in gaps. 

By far a completed squad, but certainly one which will move in the right direction. 

• Like 3

I would like to see something original like a large cake being wheeled into the press conference and pulchritudinous young ladies leaping out with shirts showing the names of the new players...................but I am never that lucky so it will be the usual Bausor photo ...no imagination....Snowy should be able to cast a proper unveiling..featuring several close ups and optical effects...and some glimpses of the players as well 

3 minutes ago, Poly said:

I think Sanogo will surprise a few. In a good way.

I've everything crossed for this one. I remember in football manager (I think 2010 or 2011) he fired boro to champions league glory as one of the best strikers in the world under me. Ill settle for the championship for now and think about the champions league in 2 or 3 years time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Poly said:

I think Sanogo will surprise a few. In a good way.

He's like Bambi on ice, hopefully hes gotten better since I last saw him, would be buzzing with Woodrow and a new deal for fletcher

3 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

He's like Bambi on ice, hopefully hes gotten better since I last saw him, would be buzzing with Woodrow and a new deal for fletcher

People on this forum used to refer to Fletcher as Bambi on ice not so long ago too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was like Bambi on ice but scored 4 goals at the game you seen him? I will take that every game. Give him a chance ffs. If he is *** by then all means post your opinions but until then lets judge him after a sustained period in a boro shirt.

54 minutes ago, SA Red said:

So, what if he signed a long-term contract, sat on the bench all season and a new manager comes in next year and feels the same about him as Warnock? 

Warnock's approach is a breath of fresh air. No messing about. You are in or you're gone.

No, the point is that he would never have signed a new contract because we've made short-term, not very well thought out decisions. Warnock's opinions on the long-term futures of our players is going to be picked up by another manager in the next season, he's not gonna be here to take this team forward regardless of what he does this season. So I say again; he better get us promoted otherwise any/all decisions made to benefit him this summer are absolutely pointless. If he was gonna be here to take responsibility for his decisions, then fair enough. But he's not going to be.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)