oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

More concern than panic, we do seem to take an eternity to complete deals - Hall excepted

Can't force players to make up their minds.

Just now, Will said:

Can't force players to make up their minds.

Maybe we're approaching it the wrong way. Maybe if we told them joining us would be an awful decision for the club, some of them would join us out of spite?

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

When we're sitting in the top 2 in January they'll be queuing up to sign on the dotted line.  😂😂😂😂

We could just crop the top half out if we're 13/14th and say its top 2

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I am almost entirely sure that Middlesbrough fans lack the collective patience for us to adopt Brentford's approach to running a football club.

Not being funny, but since when do the fans' opinions of transfers matter? As long as the business is sustainable and the club have a vision, it doesn't really matter. Fans will always be fickle. Problem is it seems our club leadership is just as fickle as the fans.

9 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I am almost entirely sure that Middlesbrough fans lack the collective patience for us to adopt Brentford's approach to running a football club.

The players they sign are to perform instantly and majority of them do, we've just been brainwashed to think these players don't exist unless for £10 million plus, makes me cringe every time I read it in the Gazette 

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

in what sense?  i think most fans would be happy to be run in a way in which we actually sign players, young exciting players at that.

8 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The players they sign are to perform instantly and majority of them do, we've just been brainwashed to think these players don't exist unless for £10 million plus, makes me cringe every time I read it in the Gazette 

I'll say there was a bizarre period after relegation through Pulis' time where the Gazette and phone ins were full of this idea that every signing had to be 4-8 million pound players, or be a Murphy brother and had to be 'Championship tested' which led to Vickers crusading against fans 'expecting signings' when players like Bolasie would cost Boro  x amount and there is no other wingers out there so thats that.

Even last year people act like Woodgate had pennies the bloke still spent 4 million on Bola/Browne/Dijksteel/Stoj a few years ago that was our 'going for promotion' budget.

If Warnock ends up spending 4-5 million without sales it will be seen as 'no ambition' and Gibson pinching pennies when in reality it's actually a decent budget given to him by Gibson it's just making sure he spends it right. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah but if you sign 9-10 players your moneyball system says is undervalued with potential in the 100k-1million bracket you only need 1 player to become class and sell for 30+ million to make profits 😄

If the aim is to make a profit then that's great.  If the aim is to achieve something like promotion then Brentford are failing at the moment.  You may as well choose the 'Huddersfield model', or the 'Burnley model' or the 'Norwich model' or the 'Brighton model' or, God forbid, the 'Boro model', as it currently stands, as we've all been in the Premier League whilst Brentford haven't.  Each club has to find their own way to try and achieve what they ultimately want to achieve.

11 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Ah I'm not sure that's true. For all the investment that squad has seen they had finished no higher than 9th in the 3 seasons before the last one. It has taken them a long time to get where they are now. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)