oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just a reminder as well there are examples of terminations 'for breach' in football unrelated to criminal offences.

https://www.harrison-drury.com/sports-law/what-can-footballers-teach-us-about-breach-of-contract/

Sunderland have terminated for breach players who failed to report for pre season considering he has been absent supposedly WITH leave for all of pre season I'm a little hesitant to guess suddenly he's been caught in a drug ring or was pulled over this morning with bricks in his boot. 

5 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Cardiff forum mentioning taking and dealing...

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217143

Some excellent analysis of the situation on the Cardiff forum 

“If he's facing serious charges and gets found guilty he will either do jail or will get a long ban from football depending what it is.”

he might be in trouble and if he is he could be in trouble 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Shouldn't be difficult to convince him to join us then.  Nice big market on Teesside for that 👍

We have had quite a few bad boys recruited and brought in over the years and at the moment we don't seem to have any low life wife beaters or thugs on the books so there must be an opening surely?

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's more successful than them, that's the relevant point!  If we'd been 10th in the Championship over the last few years you'd have been moaning like ***, just as you would be seeing our best players sold 🤦‍♂️

Look whatever, you’re clearly just not understanding what people mean when we talk about Following Brentford’s model. And we pretty much have been 10th in the championship for the last few years and DID sell our best players. I moan like *** because we go from one extreme to another with no sign of any planning and consistently replace our best players with garbage, if at all.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Look whatever, you’re clearly just not understanding what people mean when we talk about Following Brentford’s model. And we pretty much have been 10th in the championship for the last few years and DID sell our best players. I moan like *** because we go from one extreme to another with no sign of any planning and consistently replace our best players with garbage, if at all.

No, I'm pretty sure it's them and you who don't understand what you mean or want.  We haven't pretty much been 10th in the Championship over the last few years either.  We've been 4th, 2nd, 19th (Premier League), 5th, 7th, 17th.  Two play off appearances, one automatic promotion, one season in the Premier League and one bad season.  Some of you seem to think we could do what Brentford do but we would somehow do it bigger and better?  Why?  We aren't that much bigger than them, whatever you might think.  We don't generate lots of revenue allowing us to keep our best players in a way that they couldn't.  You want us to copy them but at the same time do better than them?  I'm asking how we would do that?  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Think cocaine use is fairly widespread in football as it leaves the system so quickly. However I’m Not sure many pros are shooting up over the summer...

a 'Banker' who knows about cocaine leaving the system quickly, I wonder why! I'm sure if Woodgate was still kicking about, he would have no issue in signing up Mendez-Laing....

All joking aside, for Cardiff to do that and so close to the season, it must be serious and we should probably stay away from him. He also wouldnt fit into the 5-3-2 we are going for. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)