oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

More on Bettinelli

I've always liked Marcus. He was high on my list when I was at Cardiff but he got in the Fulham team.

He's been brilliant and when the opportunity came to get him I couldn't turn it down.

I always another top clas keeper this summer.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Jamie-H said:

He's talking like a man who wants 6-7 bodies, we're basically closing in on 3 signings and he sounds oike he wants more than another striker+CB after that...

maybe Bailey wasn't so inaccurate after all!

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

maybe Bailey wasn't so inaccurate after all!

Tbf anyone can look at our squad and say we have 6 or 7 gaps- it's not insiders knowledge to say that the manager wants these gaps filled, its another question as to whether we can or not.

• Like 1

So it sounds like the ITKs have been right when they’ve expected someone to sign - we are getting close but can’t quite push them through. I’m guessing/hoping that there will be some reflection on what’s gone wrong and any lessons we can learn. 

Warnock's preferred formation is 4-3-3 so signing a very high quality Championship winger like Roberts will bring us closer to being able to play that way. If we signed Roberts, however, we would either have to buy at least another winger or play a current player in an unorthodox role on the other wing like Fletcher, Tavernier, Spence or Coulson. I think Fletcher's physicality and ability to drift infield from the left - which he done well at times under Pulis - would be the best option to adapt without signing another winger. Roberts is capable of some great crosses into the box so him having Assombalonga in the box and Fletcher drifting in at either the back post or in more central areas, gives me hope despite it not being a completely natural balance. That plan B of Fletcher at LW in a 4-3-3 could give Warnock the confidence to take the plunge on signing Roberts and then try to sign another winger.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Warnock's preferred formation is 4-3-3 so signing a very high quality Championship winger like Roberts will bring us closer to being able to play that way. If we signed Roberts, however, we would either have to buy at least another winger or play a current player in an unorthodox role on the other wing like Fletcher, Tavernier, Spence or Coulson. I think Fletcher's physicality and ability to drift infield from the left - which he done well at times under Pulis - would be the best option to adapt without signing another winger. Roberts is capable of some great crosses into the box so him having Assombalonga in the box and Fletcher drifting in at either the back post or in more central areas, gives me hope despite it not being a completely natural balance. That plan B of Fletcher at LW in a 4-3-3 could give Warnock the confidence to take the plunge on signing Roberts and then try to sign another winger.

If we do that we need a left-back, because Johnson is definitely not a left-back.

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I've never know a summer like this where so many players have come to Rockliffe but then get sudden cold feet and drift away

It's been going on for years. From recent memory the only decent windows in terms of getting in who we wanted were the summer when we went up then the summer Monk was here. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)