oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

I think we'll get Sanogo over the line. I'm still worried about Morsy as another championship club could easily hijack the deal.

They could, but he wants to come here and work with Warnock.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Also says Britt was an obvious choice for captain because he's just "the right type"

supportive of the younger lads, can deal with the experienced ones. Just a good fit

Have to admit I never thought Britt was the captain type so fair play, looking forward to seeing what warnock can do with him over a full season. 

2 minutes ago, ph. said:

Yeah from what I listened to, it sounds more like we were in for him and he was interested, not that it was done and dusted. He said Woodgate spoke to him about coming in but that could have been during lockdown.

Can’t be bothered with work so decided to add to the S!ht that’s spouted on here using my lyrical skills. 
i present you the next big hit on the terraces, to the tune of Amy Winehouse’s Rehab:

He’ll stick it in the back of your net, 

It’s Yaya Sa-no-go

He’s big and he’s black,

He’ll skin your centre back, cos he’s not slow, slow, slow

He’s holding a high line,

And Neil Warnock thinks he’s fine,

He’s gonna score a hatful this year

It’s Yaya Sa-no-go!

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah from what I listened to, it sounds more like we were in for him and he was interested, not that it was done and dusted. He said Woodgate spoke to him about coming in but that could have been during lockdown.

Or Warnock spoke to Hall before he was appointed manager😮

I’m interpreting Warnock giving Assombalonga the captains armband as being partially influenced by trying to entice him into signing a new contract here. Him and Fletcher are both out of contact at the end of this season, and both of them seem to get on with each other on and off the pitch, so I’m thinking Warnock will be looking at the bigger picture of trying to get them two to commit to new deals here as we simply can’t afford to let them leave on free transfers.

Assombalonga’s heavy wages are going to be a huge obstacle to overcome, but him being appointed captain will only help our chances. Warnock would find it easier to justify giving Assombalonga higher wages than the standard wage structure for his captain. If agents of other players argue that their player should get wages close to the club’s top earner such as Assombalonga, Warnock could justify it as him being the clubs captain, but the top wage for players who are not the captain will remain at the same lower level. I may be over-thinking it but I think Warnock is being clever with this.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, ph. said:

Or Warnock spoke to Hall before he was appointed manager😮

I think Warnock means when he was appointed manager in the summer and Hall signed 2 or 3 days later

5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m interpreting Warnock giving Assombalonga the captains armband as being partially influenced by trying to entice him into signing a new contract here. Him and Fletcher are both out of contact at the end of this season, and both of them seem to get on with each other on and off the pitch, so I’m thinking Warnock will be looking at the bigger picture of trying to get them two to commit to new deals here as we simply can’t afford to let them leave on free transfers.

Assombalonga’s heavy wages are going to be a huge obstacle to overcome, but him being appointed captain will only help our chances. Warnock would find it easier to justify giving Assombalonga higher wages than the standard wage structure for his captain. If agents of other players argue that their player should get wages close to the club’s top earner such as Assombalonga, Warnock could justify it as him being the clubs captain but the top wage for players who are not the captain will remain at the same lower level. I may be over thinking it but I think Warnock is being clever with this.

I agree it's a simple necessity we sign these 2 down to new deals 

Clever idea to give Britt the armband because he knows that with the extra responsibility he will be far more involved in all passages of play and lead by example.

Would suggest far more goals from him this season

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)