oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

"Manager Neil Warnock and his backroom team fear Sanogo won’t be fully match fit for a number of weeks.

That would deprive them of a front man early in the season, with Warnock keen to hit the ground running with a stable of four senior strikers"

Strange then that we signed Hall who hadn't played for months. What would deprive us of a front man early in the season is not signing one. Not bothered about this signing but story seems a load of b0ll0cks to me.

We signed Grant Hall 42 days ago, and he'd played far more recently.

He's had plenty of time to get up to speed since then too.

The season starts today and Sanogo clearly isn't in any state to be playing.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

"Manager Neil Warnock and his backroom team fear Sanogo won’t be fully match fit for a number of weeks.

That would deprive them of a front man early in the season, with Warnock keen to hit the ground running with a stable of four senior strikers"

Strange then that we signed Hall who hadn't played for months. What would deprive us of a front man early in the season is not signing one. Not bothered about this signing but story seems a load of b0ll0cks to me.

Hall had been keeping himself in shape. I think Sanogos slacked off.

14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know he hasn't had much of a pre season but surely he can't be so unfit it would take a "number of weeks" to get him up to speed! He must be horribly out of shape!

Tuesday's fitness tests and training with the players highlighted a number of concerns. 

• Like 7
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Tuesday's fitness tests and training with the players highlighted a number of concerns. 

I'm glad that we're not just signing him to get numbers in then. Wonder if it means we're confident on someone else.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

reckon we must have someone lined up, if were the ones pulling the plug, maybe someone became available, no idea who mind

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Gestede mk2? I hope we go hard for Woodrow now. 

Woodrow would be a quality signing as well I think.

Sanogo was practically so out of shape that he couldn't last the full session. It would of took 3months to get him up to speed which wasn't any good since he was only signing a 1year deal with option of 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean I am a little worried considering there aren't many 6 foot 4+ strikers around who fit the bill for what we need but I said from the start with Sanogo my worry wasn't his ability it was his horrific injury record and lack of any kind of football for 6 months.

As long as we're not scraping the Nuhiu barrel it's fine but we need some height and power in our forward line ASAP.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

reckon we must have someone lined up, if were the ones pulling the plug, maybe someone became available, no idea who mind

I think we might spend some money on a striker to challenge britt and Fletch rather than a free to be backup

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)