oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Quite reasonably priced. Hmm.. 🤔

Might be an interesting thing to look into. Which level did you go for?

Honestly if you were interested, it's worth looking into and you meet some ex football players on the courses who are always down to earth. It's worth gaining all the qualifications.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, ElDaftardo said:

Honestly if you were interested, it's worth looking into and you meet some ex football players on the courses who are always down to earth. It's worth gaining all the qualifications.

Im very tempted to do it. But what's the chances of getting a job on some scale after doing it all? 

I spoke to someone a few years ago who scouts for Boro at something like under 8s (or something ridiculous like that). 

He said that the club would have about 100 kids on their books at most age groups which pretty much sums up youth football. Young kids are basically farmed by the clubs with the majority getting dropped when they're not good enough a few years later. 

I'm not sure how much talent is required to scout the top 100 players in each age group. 

Obviously if you are scouting for Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp and recommending players for the first team then thats a different story altogether. 

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Im very tempted to do it. But what's the chances of getting a job on some scale after doing it all? 

It's likely but expectations may have to be on the low side, such as plenty of non league teams are the most likely to contact you first.

• Like 1

It's likely but expectations may have to be on the low side, such as plenty of non league teams are the most likely to contact you first.

What is the pay like? Is it more a side job rather than a career?

28 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

No matter what, football always creates different opinions and mine will be quite different from most because I'm a qualified football scout and my job isn't just to look at how many goals a player scores haha.

Oooooh, a qualified scout.  Go on then, what would you look at with Sanogo, a 27 year old purported striker with no real goal scoring or assist record? 

We've had plenty of strikers who can't score, he looks like another one.  Tell me why he isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Poly said:

What is the pay like? Is it more a side job rather than a career?

The more qualification you gain more than likely to gain around £500 - £1000 per week to start with but it depends on the club and the league they are in. I had expectations to work for Middlesbrough but soon realised that wasn't going to happen straight away haha.

The more qualification you gain more than likely to gain around £500 - £1000 per week to start with but it depends on the club and the league they are in. I had expectations to work for Middlesbrough but soon realised that wasn't going to happen straight away haha.

Might make it a new years resolution for me to start a course next year still relatively young (25) so why not give it a bash. My dream job really 

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

Oooooh, a qualified scout.  Go on then, what would you look at with Sanogo, a 27 year old purported striker with no real goal scoring or assist record? 

We've had plenty of strikers who can't score, he looks like another one.  Tell me why he isn't. 

Asking the wrong person for that one fella, I wouldn't be interested in signing him lol.. If I had to do a scout report on him, I'd like to see what his positioning and awareness on a football field is like for starters, how many runs he makes per game etc.. Does he link up with his team-mates and show tactical awareness etc.

1 minute ago, ElDaftardo said:

Thanks for the information 👍

27 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

People are missing the point I was making, I don't really care about Sanogo not signing for us but records don't proove a thing and for the people defending kane and vardy.. you miss the season when kane scored 2 in 15 for Leicester and Vardy scored 4 in 26.. Point is some players click in certain enviroments and with certain teams and until a player pulls on the jersey of the club you support you never know what they may or may not achieve. I'm a great believer in giving people a chance to show what they can do.

I mean, it's a pretty admirable point of view but I also don't think you'd find many Boro fans who weren't willing to give Sanogo a chance if he signed now because we'd also primarily judge them on their time here. Rudy Gestede clicked in a certain environment and had an outrageous one-off scoring season, when he signed there were some questions raised but 99% of people were willing to give him a chance.

But we can only judge on the information we have and to be fair, if a striker has barely scored a goals and you raise a point about strikers who didn't do that well (but scored goals) at this level, we are going to compare their records of scoring. It's not the be all and end all of what a striker is or does, there are plenty of strikers who would get by just fine without scoring tons of goals but you said 2 strikers didn't do that well here who actually did because they had good scoring records. I didn't miss out either of those seasons when looking them 2 up but they still did manage a season with scoring goals at this level. And Sanogo has a history of not scoring throughout his entire career. If you're gonna compare, they're really not strikers that are on equal footing at all.

1 minute ago, Poly said:

Might make it a new years resolution for me to start a course next year still relatively young (25) so why not give it a bash. My dream job really 

I did mine at 29 and personally starting younger allows you to gain so much experience it will pay off with hard work.

45 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

People are missing the point I was making, I don't really care about Sanogo not signing for us but records don't proove a thing and for the people defending kane and vardy.. you miss the season when kane scored 2 in 15 for Leicester and Vardy scored 4 in 26.. Point is some players click in certain enviroments and with certain teams and until a player pulls on the jersey of the club you support you never know what they may or may not achieve. I'm a great believer in giving people a chance to show what they can do.

For the last 6 years Kane has scored 21, 25, 29, 30, 17 and 18 league goals a season.  I don't understand the comparison at all.  In the same period Sanogo has scored 0, 3, 0, 6, 3 and 3 league goals.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)