oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Mejias to Dinamo Bucharest is a season long loan wtf, I thought it was a free transfer?

Didn’t the website that linked the transfer say he would become their highest earner? I wonder if we had to do it as a loan because we are paying some of his salary? ( I know we could pay him off, if that is case, but there could be tax issues or the like that affect that option)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, could play as a 10 in a front 2, but with a slightly deeper Free Role. Tav linking the midfield and attack would give Roberts the freedom to float into wider positions on occasion too. 

Do you mean similar to the role Braithwaite played at the start of 18/19 behind Britt? Cause I'd definitely back Roberts there.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Do you mean similar to the role Braithwaite played at the start of 18/19 behind Britt? Cause I'd definitely back Roberts there.

Actually, aye. Plays to Roberts strengths moreso than it did Braithwaite too, and seemed to get a lot out of Britt too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Patrick Roberts would be my No.1 target now Sanogo's fallen through. He's not a striker but would provide us with a different option behind the strikers.

We currently only have 2 senior strikers at the club, so even if we could do with Roberts creativity we certainly still need a striker. We can't go until january with only Britt and Fletcher.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

This'd do... Can rotate those front men as needed. Roberts unlikely to play 46 games, so still plenty of chances for others. Screenshot_20200911-130508__01.thumb.jpg.10f590da6b6dd73ea88f955da0f4caec.jpg

F me, Hoffman can do one. guys i remember watching the cherrys back when he was there and i swear i have never seen a striker as *** poor as him on tv ever. he couldnt trap a bag of cement, his second touch was a tackle, etc etc. absolute garbage. i recall someone at the time even saying they knew he'd fail over here. might have been one of the danes.

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

F me, Hoffman can do one. guys i remember watching the cherrys back when he was there and i swear i have never seen a striker as *** poor as him on tv ever. he couldnt trap a bag of cement, his second touch was a tackle, etc etc. absolute garbage. i recall someone at the time even saying they knew he'd fail over here. might have been one of the danes.

He’s never played for Bournemouth and I doubt anyone knew much about him before he played over here.

I mean we're lobbing 50 yard forward diagonals every possession I'm not sure Roberts/Woodrow/Walker could trap them on their chest or knock them down unless they've had growth spurts over the summer. 

Hofmann apparently has terrible problems with his weight Dean Smith had to keep him in the gym for 3 months 1 season before he even felt he was ready for the bench considering we need someone ready to go for the whole season that probably plays against him. It's honestly such a problem finding a striker of suitable height/ability without being an absolute lamppost they almost always look 'clumsy' but reality is we need someone up there who can dominate the aerials and hold the ball up whilst not being useless in the goal contribution front it's going to be an important signing in my opinion we have a decent budget let's see who Neil comes up with.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Leesider said:

Delighted that the Sanogo deal fell through ,Banana Skin Avoided ,Dreadful footballer,

Got to hand it to NW not afraid to tell the lad he is not fit enough to play for "whose that team they call the Boro"

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)