oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Direct diagonals and crosses in the box has been his way his whole career I don't think he'll change his ways now CT as the saying goes you can't teach a 71 year old shithouse new tricks we just have to hope we get a Glatzel or Zohore rather than be stuck with a Madine come October.

Yeah, which is why he shouldn't be our manager 😒

• Angry 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Just hope the only advice Mido inevitably gives him is where to live, if Mido starts giving him parmo recommendations we're doomed!

I wonder how low the fee is there's speculation Wigans end we paid 450k with 45k going to Chesterfield as a sell on 😬

What a steal if true

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah, which is why he shouldn't be our manager 😒

But who else could we have realistically got in, in time for the start of the season (also bearing our financial limitations in mind)?

Anyone who can make us a decent mid-table team, until such time as Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous, is okay by me.

Old-fashioned can still be effective...if not pretty or hugely successful...

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

But who else could we have realistically got in, in time for the start of the season (also bearing our financial limitations in mind)?

Anyone who can make us a decent mid-table team, until such time as Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous, is okay by me.

We could have got lots of people in realistically.  What financial limitations do you think we have that the rest of the football world don't?  Outside of top flight clubs in a handful of countries, and the odd exception with rich owners trying to figure out how to circumvent the stupid FFP rules, everyone is in the same boat. 

Warnock isn't here to make us a decent mid-table team. 

I don't even know how to respond to the Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous bit.

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I agree with this, I'm not expecting miracles this season, but I do expect a better season than last. Warnock will definitely steady the ship, much more so than pulis. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We could have got lots of people in realistically.  What financial limitations do you think we have that the rest of the football world don't?  Outside of top flight clubs in a handful of countries, and the odd exception with rich owners trying to figure out how to circumvent the stupid FFP rules, everyone is in the same boat. 

Warnock isn't here to make us a decent mid-table team. 

I don't even know how to respond to the Gibson feels ready to start being more adventurous bit.

I wasn’t over the moon with Warnock either but I’ve warmed to him. I don’t think I’ll ever be thrilled with that sort of appointment but it is what it is. 

Out of interest, who would you have chosen? 

2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I wasn’t over the moon with Warnock either but I’ve warmed to him. I don’t think I’ll ever be thrilled with that sort of appointment but it is what it is. 

Out of interest, who would you have chosen? 

After Woodgate i think we are very lucky to have Warnock.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)