oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

And if they aren’t the manager will get sacked. Same for Brentford. Sheffield Utd have been brilliant, a breath of fresh air, but if they struggle this season Wilder will be sacked. Unless a club has the means to keep recruiting the best of the best then pragmatism will always win the day. Even Woodgate had a vision to build an ‘identity’ and style of play, and the chairman wanted it too and gave him every opportunity. But when the worst comes to the worst, relegation and financial disaster looms, send for a safe pair of hands. 

We didn't have a vision to build an identity and a style of play though.  A vision lasts longer than two games, it was a lot of spin put on a situation where we were trying to do everything as cheap as possible.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think the main thing in a manager should be an ability to be flexible...TP was weak in that area, as was AK..GM and JW never settled on a pattern...all want is someone who gets the best out of what we have and to have fingernails at the end of the season...if Neil can change things that don't work, then that to me is a step forward 

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We didn't get promoted under Pulis though so if that's all that matters to you then you must have been very disappointed with his spell here?

I was more meaning with Warnock in charge now as I don't expect good football this season again which was very similar to Pulis.

I am sure now under Warnock if we win scrappy every game and get in play offs that everyone will be raving about him.

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

I was more meaning with Warnock in charge now as I don't expect good football this season again which was very similar to Pulis.

I am sure now under Warnock if we win scrappy every game and get in play offs that everyone will be raving about him.

That's because of last season though.  People have crapped themselves about it.  If we finish 12th this season and win scrappy there will be people delighted with him.

11 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

AK and McLaren were rookies I didn't say every rookie appointment was bad I'm just saying they're the 2 spectrums our owner works off.

We got to a European final because we had unbelievable strikers, an engine room and fullbacks who could cross and defend but McLaren's style of play was about as direct as you get he rotated Duke and Yakubu with either Massimo or Hasselbaink running off them it was an unbelievable strikeforce we had but we absolutely played a get the ball in the box/hoof it as much as possible football under Mclaren.

Which he learned from Fergie at Man Utd. Have brilliant forward players, get it in the final third early, and let them do their stuff. That Man Utd team which dominated the game didn’t have a high press or slow patient build up, they had a v solid defence and the likes of Beckham hitting quick diagonal ball at a brilliant strike force. Fergie practically insisted on route 1 for the first 15-20 minutes of games to bully inferior opposition onto the back foot and let his quality players dictate the game there on. There is a world of difference between ‘hoofing’ it at Viduka and ‘hoofing’ it at Gestede. The world has changed now but sooner or later somebody will trump the Liverpool / Citeh way, but only if they have the means financially as well as tactically. Meantime Warnock will continue to make a very nice living at any club outside of the top 10 or so in the premier league.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's because of last season though.  People have crapped themselves about it.  If we finish 12th this season and win scrappy there will be people delighted with him.

Not me, I'm disappointed every season we don't challenge for play offs or promotion. Unrealistic expectations I know, but like I say, I play football to win.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not me, I'm disappointed every season we don't challenge for play offs or promotion. Unrealistic expectations I know, but like I say, I play football to win.

Nothing wrong with that mate, I'm the same to a certain extent.  I just want to see us playing well while achieving it that's all.

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

This we can definitely agree on. A club of our side being stuck in the championship is bad enough, not challenging to get out of it is soul destroying. 

1 hour ago, tmcc said:

is paul cook an attractive style though? they were one of the lowest scores in the league with 56 goals, a stat that would look alot worse had they scored 8 goals in their second last game v a terrible hull side. his style is pragmatic and defensive minded IMO. 

I think they played decent football all season from what I saw

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This we can definitely agree on. A club of our side being stuck in the championship is bad enough, not challenging to get out of it is soul destroying. 

Agreed...and there are probably ten other clubs fan saying exactly the same

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Agreed...and there are probably ten other clubs fan saying exactly the same

No doubt, and a few in league 1 - our neighbours included - but that doesn't make it any more acceptable in my eyes 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)