oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

Clayton was an excellent passer of the ball. 

He could play a decent ball over the top if he had space and time. Other wise he was too slow, predictable and just couldn’t function in tight midfield areas. My opinion.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

I think we all put too much emphasis on ‘attractive’ football, thinking of Barca etc. I’d rather see ‘exciting’ football.

100% agree, but i feel the two linked more often than not.

I think Warnock wants to strengthen the core of the team, with a couple of leaders(Hall and Morsy both captains at previous clubs) to control the flow of the game and allow the more creative players(Tav, Spence, Coulson, Wing) to express themselves and be more creative, but also have these expeirienced captains to tell the younger lads when they need to hold formation and when to attack. I also noticed last night the new keeper was very vocal which is good to hear. I think we are 4 players away from looking competitive playing 532 wing back formation.  Another experienced centre back, A  strikers who offers something different and holds up the ball to play britt or fletcher in and a left and right wing back. I think with a more solid core in the team coulson and spence would do well as left and right wing backs. 

4 minutes ago, Ruathain said:

I think Warnock wants to strengthen the core of the team, with a couple of leaders (Hall and Morsy both captains at previous clubs) to control the flow of the game and allow the more creative players (Tav, Spence, Coulson, Wing) to express themselves and be more creative, but also have these experienced captains to tell the younger lads when they need to hold formation and when to attack. I also noticed last night the new keeper was very vocal which is good to hear. I think we are 4 players away from looking competitive playing 532 wing back formation.  Another experienced centre back, A  striker who offers something different and holds up the ball to play Britt or Fletcher in and a left and right wing back. I think with a more solid core in the team Coulson and Spence would do well as left and right wing backs. 

Where is the evidence that he wants to play Coulson, when he keeps picking Johnson ahead of him?

Watching the game last night we just looked slow in midfield. Howson and Saville just couldn't live with the Watford players for pace or strength. Hopefully Morsy can help a bit there.

It's going to be interesting to see what we end up with up front. It's hard to see what we want - power and pace I guess.

Bournemouth next week will be equally hard. Barnsley in the week will definitely be the kids/2nd choices - Pears, Fry, Wood, Coulson, Liddle, Bola, Browne, Walker, Wing, Folarin,???? - made into some sort of team I think.

Fingers crossed for some success in the market.

9 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

He could play a decent ball over the top if he had space and time. Other wise he was too slow, predictable and just couldn’t function in tight midfield areas. My opinion.

I think under Karanka, which was his best football, both he and Leadbitter were under strict instructions to keep possession at all costs, which invariably meant they often turned back and recycled the play through the centre halves, or a lot of passing across the back line.

Clsyton showed in the PL what a good player he could he, once he got to grips with the pace. 

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I'd expect us to go back in with a bid for Zohore over the weekend. 

Ive been thinking this. Could do with someone like him. As we were putting alot of balls in the box last night

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I'd expect us to go back in with a bid for Zohore over the weekend. 

The thing is, who else might there be. I've looked through Premier league squads and nobody stands out for us. I wondered if we might look abroad but I think he wants experience. 

10 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

His passing was OK here. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)