oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Sorry just can’t agree, your highlights video just proves it. 3 years worth of highlights and it featured 2 whole shots, 1 goal, about four 3 yard passes and surprise surprise some good balls over the top when he had time and space.

Before you tell me ‘it’s not his job to shoot’ go and watch Morsys highlight video.

this is what people forget about the Karanka era, we did struggle to create against rival promotion chasing teams, but up against teams we ‘should beat’ we put them to the sword 90% of the time.

We smashed Brighton 3-0 so we did put promotion chasing sides to the sword aswell

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We smashed Brighton 3-0 so we did put promotion chasing sides to the sword aswell

We also came up woefully short more often than not, totally clueless how to break them down and resorting to humping balls over the top. The playoff final being the ultimate example, that’s the one thing I didn’t like about Karanka.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Before you tell me ‘it’s not his job to shoot’ go and watch Morsys highlight video.

What on Earth does Morsy have to do with Clayton during his time here? What an incredible way to avoid the fact it really wasn't his job to score goals, by mentioning a player who hasn't played for us, hasn't played for Karanka and hasn't played at the level Clayton has ever.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

We also came up woefully short more often than not, totally clueless how to break them down and resorting to humping balls over the top. The playoff final being the ultimate example, that’s the one thing I didn’t like about Karanka.

1st season yeah, 2nd season we beat all the better teams didn't we and struggled against the lower teams

Should've won the league that season really the 2 losses to Rotherham and Charlton and draw to Birmingham cost us 

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

So Birmingham were the better prospect than us as I said 😞 

A friendly word of advice. Saying "i told you so" after 1 game when there are 45 games left is not wise. You could end up with egg on your face come end of season.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

George Friend man of the match for Birmingham jeez why do player's always do better when they leave us

Maybe it is not a case of them being better when they leave us but the fact some are not as poor as we fans make them out to be when they are here...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

George Friend man of the match for Birmingham jeez why do player's always do better when they leave us

Wasn't any better than when he was here. Just our fans wanted more. Well we have Hall now lets see how he fills Georges boots. Not off to a great start though.

Just now, TLF10 said:

A friendly word of advice. Saying "i told you so" after 1 game when there are 45 games left is not wise. You could end up with egg on your face come end of season.

I'm confident we'll continue trying to play 5 at the back for the 3rd season in a row as opposed to signing 2-3 attacking midfielders though 

Still have nightmares over that 5-4-1 Pulis team with Saville left wing back me 

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I really think we've missed a trick by not trying harder to keep Friend, hopefully we find the younger version of him before the window closes.

How could we have tried harder? I dont remember a single poster on here suggesting friend should get anymore than 12 months. He got a 3yr deal at Birmingham at the age of 32 yrs old. If the club offered him that there would have been a meltdown on here

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Just because you mention the 14/15 play-off final, in the 2014/15 season this was the top 8 teams at the end of it. (I've ignored below 8th as there was close to a 10 points gap by the end of the season).Screenshot_20200912-143143_SofaScore.thumb.jpg.1342fb4c033a7492c63247ecc4b6a993.jpg

That season we lost to Bournemouth (A) and drew at home.

We lost to Watford (A) and drew at home.

We beat Norwich home and away.

We beat Brentford home and away.

We lost to Ipswich (A) and beat them at home.

We lost to Wolves (A) and beat them at home.

We beat Derby home and away.

We won 8 games out of the 14 we played against the top 8. That's a win percentage of 57%. And we lost 4 games out of 14 a loss percentage of 29%. 

I'd argue based on that, that we didn't struggle against promotion chasing sides.

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)