oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

the fact that we struggled massively, under Karanka, if a team defended deep or we went a goal down.

Thats the same for a lot of teams though not just us. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Warnock said I'm press conference before the match that it's now obvious that mistakes were made earlier in the summer. I'm guessing let Friend and Shotton go may now not look so good.

Really? I think those leaving was well overdue personally, they were here for sentiment alone

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Everytime I mention how bad Clayton was in the attacking sense the first excuse people pushed out was it wasn’t the job of the CdM to provide any attacking threat. Morsy the cdm for Wigan seemed to provide a decent amount there. Anyway it’s always been my opinion of Clayton and nothing will change it, an argument for a different thread.

It's not just 'the job of a CDM', it was his role within Karanka's system. Apart from Leadbitter during one season where he banged in a few from range, who else in that midfield area scored goals? They didn't need to and the proof showed in our eventual success.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wouldn't have overly bothered me, even though I'd have preferred 2 years in case he declined rapidly.

Fans melting down doesn't mean it's the right or wrong decision.

I'd have been happy keeping Shotton too.

He'd already declined rapidly and Shotton wanted to leave, these cant have been the mistakes he meant. Surely it was more in terms of scouting and players we went for

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Sheffield United's "overlapping centre backs" is something Wilder has used to try and overcome that. It just also happened to work really well in the PL too! 😂

Not sure if anyone's picked up on it but Warnock has basically ripped the Sheff U system and implemented it here, look at how often McNair/Dijksteel get forward to midfield positions as our midfielders push onto the oppositions backline or overlap our wingback when there's a gap.

Fletcher's the McGoldrick running and dropping into wherever space is, the main problem for me is our wingbacks are shocking and for it to work you need consistent delivery from them that's where it's falling apart for us in attack right now.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm going to be *** off if Friend and Clayton return to their best against Brentford. 

Why?  Other than a few exceptions, I would want every player leaving here to do well elsewhere.  Same goes for Karanka.  Very few people who have been here that I'd want to see struggling, usually just the ones who have treat us badly in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would say they were the right decisions but we haven't replaced people and perhaps mistakes have happened behind the scenes with scouting and negotiating. 

So far we have (again) signed a centre back and a centre midfielder. It's like that's the entirety of our scouting network.

Yeah spot on.

22 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

The pulis summer he wanted 2 wide players so we could play 433, we didn’t sign them so had to go to 352 eventually.

We signed van la parra and had Jack Harrison under pulis and he refused to entertain the possibility of playing them. He wanted to play the way he did. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why?  Other than a few exceptions, I would want every player leaving here to do well elsewhere.  Same goes for Karanka.  Very few people who have been here that I'd want to see struggling, usually just the ones who have treat us badly in my opinion.

Because it makes it look like we should have kept them, I suppose? I don't agree, mind. I don't think Clayton fits into what we're doing, I think he absolutely suits what Brum are now doing. I also think both are much happier where they are now, both back working with the manager they loved working with the most, able to put the history behind them and start something new. I'm not too surprised to see the improved performances from them today.

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Proper don't get the desperation to look backwards all the time, especially with 30 plus year olds who haven't even performed well for years for us. Especially on the basis of one game against a side who have lost their talismen

Me neither.  Always want to move forwards, it's just that we haven't really done much of that (yet) I suppose.  I'd rather take a shot with Morsy than with what we've seen from Clayton over the last couple of seasons for example.  The fact that we haven't done our incoming business as well as we'd hoped, doesn't make me feel differently about our outgoing business.  It just means we need to get our *** together, if you'll pardon the language.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)