oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 hours ago, CrazyL said:

He’s a wily old boy isn’t he? He could have brought Browne on as well as Wing, and / or changed the formation for the last 20 pushing Johnson up the park, or bringing Coulson on. It’s almost as if he pointedly didn’t use 3 subs to emphasise the need for reinforcements with the chairman. Shrewd!

I would have sacked him over the weekend if that was the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Read my post and the post I was responding to. It was a response to someone suggesting that Warnock wouldn’t have changed anything regardless of who was on the bench. If he had gotten all his targets in I doubt he would have used just the one sub and not tried to change the game. If he did have good subs of his own choosing I’d expect him to actually try to win the game. He would obviously have changed a bit had Roberts and Woodrow been on the bench. As it was I don’t think he rates anyone on the bench hence why he didn’t change anything. 
Im not advocating that he should get sacked now for doing nothing as it was a pretty poor bench with players that look like he doesn’t really rate. 

TBF only WIng and Browne had a chance of getting on, and to bring Browne off he woud have to have taken Tav Britt or Fletch off 

Coulson has barely played in the last 3 weeks due to illness

Fry has only played 60 mins against Shrewsbury since the end of last season

then your down to Bola and the young lads - and they are still to prove themselves 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

After watching that pre match interveiw i cant help but think morsy might not be a regular starter. He spoke about him goving howson competition. I was hoping they would both play together with one other attacking midfeilder like tav or roberts if he we do manage to bring him back 

I mean hes not going to undermine howson in front of the media. Just sounded diplomatic in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

TBF only WIng and Browne had a chance of getting on, and to bring Browne off he woud have to have taken Tav Britt or Fletch off 

then your down to Bola and the young lads - and they are still to prove themselves 

He could have taken McNair off and gone four at the back to get another body forward in Browne. 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

He could have brought any of them on for anyone on the pitch at the time.  They aren't pub players, we pay them all decent money to be professional footballers, if we aren't willing to use them then we shouldn't be paying them at all.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Read my post and the post I was responding to. It was a response to someone suggesting that Warnock wouldn’t have changed anything regardless of who was on the bench.

Except that wasnt what I said.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

He could have taken McNair off and gone four at the back to get another body forward in Browne. 

he probably considered it, like we all did, but decided against it as he thought the risks against a team like watford - with a back four of Spence - Dijksteel  - Hall - Johnson - was greater than the  possible benefit

The quote in the gazette about the striker talks about when the selling club are prepared to let him go. The quote says ‘they’ve had some games’

makes me think it’s not a player coming from English leagues

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He could have brought any of them on for anyone on the pitch at the time.  They aren't pub players, we pay them all decent money to be professional footballers, if we aren't willing to use them then we shouldn't be paying them at all.

the best options i could think off was to take off spence, johnson and savile for Coulson, Wing and Browne and switched to 4-3-3 

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

the best options i could think off was to take off spence, johnson and savile for Coulson, Wing and Browne and switched to 4-3-3 

I would certainly say that Johnson should have been off as he was appalling with the ball on Friday.  But even if you left him on but switched the shape then you could say you were trying something.  To try nothing should never be accepted by fans, especially ours, as we've seen plenty of that recently.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

The quote in the gazette about the striker talks about when the selling club are prepared to let him go. The quote says ‘they’ve had some games’

makes me think it’s not a player coming from English leagues

It also implies they've had season defining important games that restricted negotiation such as Champions League or Europa League qualifying?

You have Nsame, Leke James and Sory Kaba as options that fit the bill in the Champions League qualifying on Wednesday all 3 potentially fit the mould we are looking for, over 25 and big physical strikers.

18 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

he probably considered it, like we all did, but decided against it as he thought the risks against a team like watford - with a back four of Spence - Dijksteel  - Hall - Johnson - was greater than the  possible benefit

Best not to take a chance when 1-0 down and change something and go for a point. It was like watching the second leg of the playoffs against Villa again. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)