oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

It begs a real question.

Woodgate said from day 1 he wanted to play 4-3-3 and was left with no real options to play out wide throughout his tenure, why? 

Warnock has played with wingers and a sole striker most places he has been and has less time than usual for this window granted, but still more than enough time to bring a couple of players in so he can play the system he wants. They certainly find enough time to buy more central players than we know what to do with. 

That's the previous 2 managers who haven't been given the tools for the most basic part of the game which is the way they want to play.

I'm genuinely curious to know if:

1) The club have some preference of not wanting to sign creative or quick wide players, as it only happens once in a blue moon. 

2) If that is the case, why do they employ managers who's preferred style requires those players and are crucial to doing so?!

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I rate Tav, and think he has a place in the starting 11. However, he’s not a creative/flair player. He’s not the same as a Roberts. I can’t fathom how confused I will be if the club yet again refuse to sign any wingers/creative players. Like why?😂 Warnock literally said after the game he had no options to change the game. Well lumping two more strikers on the pitch I doubt is going to work either, as A) it will likely mean just subbing Fletch/Britt off, and B) just mean we continue with the long balls which don’t work. 
As nearly every boro fan has said for years, the strikers aren’t the problem, it’s the supply and creativity behind them. It really is head scratching. Why don’t we just sign an actual, competent left back, play Dijksteel Rb, and sign some wingers. We would then not need to sign 2 more strikers, but only one, in turn allowing us to play 433...the formation Warnock literally said he wanted to play🙄. But no, instead let’s shoehorn Marvin Johnson into playing Lwb for the season. God help us.

Perhaps because finding a left back and two good wingers is very unlikely within our budget and also we definitely would need two new strikers as neither Fletcher nor Assombolonga are natural headers of the ball. Furthermore two of our brightest young assets, Coulson and Spence would then be surplus to requirements.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, oldman said:

Perhaps because finding a left back and two good wingers is very unlikely within our budget and also we definitely would need two new strikers as neither Fletcher nor Assombolonga are natural headers of the ball. Furthermore two of our brightest young assets, Coulson and Spence would then be surplus to requirements.

100% there's no chance Spence survives in a back four he barely does enough work in a back 5, if you rate Coulson which everyone seemed to last season then hope he takes his chance at LWB because Warnock sure aint trusting him LB.

It's like the Woodrow thing people speculate Warnock's signing a silky touch, intelligent, technical striker when in reality we're looking for 6 foot 3 shithouses to hit diagonals and crosses into either off the bench or from the start.

The 4th striker might excite people he'll be a younger loan in Warnocks words who'll probably have a bit of pace. Warnock's actually argued all along he thinks we're fine in wide areas he thinks we have pace and creativity this revelation by him about Roberts doesn't shock me at all.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, oldman said:

I refuse to believe there aren’t any Left backs out there we could sign for our budget. 

Two good wingers, I agree, perhaps one could be a loan? Either way that flair and creativity is what is going to win you games, so you either pay a little to actually try and compete in the league or just have the same attacking option as last year minus Roberts.

Id argue that in the 532, we lump the ball up to the strikers more so then in a 433, so don’t agree with that point.

And on Coulson/Spence. Both young, but neither particularly setting the world a light. I like my defenders being able to defend, and neither seem that capable up to this point (both young). However, for what it’s worth, I’d much rather see Coulson play Lwb then Johnson. Spence looks lost at times.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock said we've agreed terms with 5 different players only for all of them to go elsewhere.

Amos, Goode, Williams, Moore and then the 5th one is a bit of a mystery...

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Not surprising after Warnock admitted he's not interested in signing wingers and has the creativity he needs in Tav. I hope it's just smoke and mirrors from Warnock.

I was told yesterday, we do want Roberts, but only on loan. Would think it would be with a view to a permanent if we went up, but cannot finacially commit to buying a player with his wages now. Think we are prepared to take the risk and wait to see if he's still a Man City player at the end of the window. 

The written media video put up is very interesting he talks about Browne having 2-3 clubs that would take him tomorrow so clearly there's transfer interest in him beyond Oxford, he says this mystery striker we've been working on every day for 3 weeks he thinks this week his club will finally be happy to let him go.

Doing some digging around beyond the European qualifiers midweek and this mystery striker isn't Ibrahim Sissoko he's had surgery and is still undergoing rehab.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)