oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Austin's on over 50k a week...

Whoever this mystery target is clearly Gibson/Bausor are happy committing financially to him on a contract so he'd have to fit in to a similar wage as Moore/Sanogo of around 20k a week. That's why I have a hard time believing this striker is coming from the Prem they're all on a small fortune up there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, uncle_rico said:

3 year deal, on more money than we could offer.

Deffo the three year deal. We offered him 20k a week for a year. Doubt Blackburn are offering him much more than that. He really messed himself around though in January 

5 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, same point I made with LinoJo about the 4-2-3-1. Though I reckon Roberts would be a good floating 10 personally, so I'd still be after him. 

I think he could work as a #10, support striker or in a 343 formation. Or back when Pulis and Traore were here He put shotton behind Traore who was basically just a 3rd CB and rarely passed the halfway line, we could do something similar with Dijksteel. However I guess none of those scenarios would involve Roberts starting games.

Its a tough one as I think Roberts is there for the taking and it’s hard to find players like him who can really unlock a defence by running at them.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Austin is a spud. Its gotta be Woodrow for me or someone from Europe 

Austin's career average is better than a goal every 2 games. Even removing his non-league career, it's still something like a goal every 2.2 games. Not bad considering that includes several seasons in the Premier League. Woodrow's is marginally better than 1 in every 4. Woodrow has broken double figures in the Championship in one season, Austin has done it consistently.  

Woodrow obviously has youth on his side, and might be a bit more creative, but Austin is a far better finisher, and how anyone could see him as a spud is beyond me. 

In any case, Austin probably wouldn't fancy it. I'm pretty sure he turned down Newcastle a few years ago because he has a disabled sister down on the south coast who he likes to be as close as possible to.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Actually that was Rickie Lambert wasn't it?

Yeah, Southgate felt £500k was too expensive so we pulled out and agreed a loan to buy of about £3.5m for Caleb Folan instead. It’s that level of shrewdness from the club I wish we could see more of today!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

hopefully they'll still be happy when he goes on his winter break 😄

Exactly, gets injured at the start of January every year.

People forget that weird stand off he had with Karanka when the club basically said they couldnt find the issue with his ankle...

Also, outside of his time under Karanka, he was a liability before and after. I'm glad we let him go. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)