oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

16 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Would they? They haven't played in a 4 for us. McNair has played in a 4 and been fine.

Personally I'd go 442 or 4231 mind, with Djiksteel at RB. 

I think they would be yeah just because I don't see either as natural central defenders, that includes McNair although I know he played there earlier in his career.  I don't recall McNair playing in a four and being fine for us tbh, certainly not over any period of time?  It would be odd for a good defender to be moved elsewhere during his career.  Generally that happens when they aren't quite up to it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think they would be yeah just because I don't see either as natural central defenders, that includes McNair although I know he played there earlier in his career.  I don't recall McNair playing in a four and being fine for us tbh, certainly not over any period of time?  It would be odd for a good defender to be moved elsewhere during his career.  Generally that happens when they aren't quite up to it.

Echo tonight reporting Warnock being 'desperate' for a CB so it seems like we'll get another one in after all hopefully one that has some legs and not the turning circle of a Stobart.

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Echo tonight reporting Warnock being 'desperate' for a CB so it seems like we'll get another one in after all hopefully one that has some legs and not the turning circle of a Stobart.

We can't score goals another CB isn't going to help with this  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Great, another CB. Ffs.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah they seem to be so off base on the other main bit of transfer news tonight though at least if we believe the 'main permanent target' we apparently hear about tomorrow.

They claim Zohore is a live target for us which doesn't fit with anything else we've heard this week, hopefully they're right on a new CB as a priority because I wouldn't mind seeing McNair back in the midfield myself.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18723289.middlesbrough-will-step-pursuit-new-signings/

Big Jack's rule was you walk on the pitch with a point don't walk off with less, all good sides are built on solid foundations. Our defending is cr*p so we need to improve it, but also take the pressure off it by scoring first would be nice. So bringing in another CB is fine as long as we still address the sharp end as well.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Maybe we need the CB to replace an outbound asset such as McNair?

16 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that we keep conceding.

Not sure why people are having a meltdown about Warnocks team selection. He said before Shrewsbury game he would look to make wholesale changes if we progressed given size of squad.

This idea he was using tonight's team selection to make a point is ridicuoous because he has already made that point previously. And not only has he made it but its been fully accepted by those above so he does not need to repeat it. Its out there and accepted. Just a case of trying to doing something about it which it seems everyone at club is trying.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Maybe we need the CB to replace an outbound asset such as McNair?

He is still apparently on Lennon's list at Celtic. Ability wise McNair is probably our best midfielder it's just harnessing him correctly to get consistency from him he should be on the teamsheet every week with his ability the lads strong, got stamina and can pick a pass he just overplays sometimes or plays within himself.

Like I say if the CB we get is a permanent please let it be someone with legs and not a 30+ 6 foot 3+ shithouse we'd be stuck with after Warnock goes.

7 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

He is still apparently on Lennon's list at Celtic. Ability wise McNair is probably our best midfielder it's just harnessing him correctly to get consistency from him he should be on the teamsheet every week with his ability the lads strong, got stamina and can pick a pass he just overplays sometimes or plays within himself.

Like I say if the CB we get is a permanent please let it be someone with legs and not a 30+ 6 foot 3+ shithouse we'd be stuck with after Warnock goes.

Considering his last 2 centre back signings have been hall and flint I wouldnt hold my breath!

• Sad 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)