oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Considering his last 2 centre back signings have been hall and flint I wouldnt hold my breath!

Tbf he also signed Curtis Nelson last summer who has looked very good for Cardiff.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Not sure why people are having a meltdown about Warnocks team selection. He said before Shrewsbury game he would look to make wholesale changes if we progressed given size of squad.

This idea he was using tonight's team selection to make a point is ridicuoous because he has already made that point previously. And not only has he made it but its been fully accepted by those above so he does not need to repeat it. Its out there and accepted. Just a case of trying to doing something about it which it seems everyone at club is trying.

Because he could have played a different system that suited the players he selected but he didn't.  He didn't put them in the best position to succeed and that is *** management.

• Like 2

For those blaming Warnock for this, take your glasses off and then start looking closer at the clubs recruitment team and the chairman.

The lack of creativity, balance, experience and spine goes back seasons and down to a lack of good recruitment. 

Thus far Warnock has only brought in 3 players and he's gone on record saying we need several more.

The game tonight whilst will upset many was about minutes and Neil said that last night. I don't think he intentionally went to lose but he did say his focus was players with minutes is the main area.

The club does need to address the pace, width and creativity. You'll say we have people like Coulson and Spence etc. But they also don't have the game time and experience we want as a club to move forward. Maybe if a league below but not championship.

It seems a lot of our fans expect us to by splashing the cash but reality is we have budget that doesn't support. 

Interesting times .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Not sure why people are having a meltdown about Warnocks team selection. He said before Shrewsbury game he would look to make wholesale changes if we progressed given size of squad.

This idea he was using tonight's team selection to make a point is ridicuoous because he has already made that point previously. And not only has he made it but its been fully accepted by those above so he does not need to repeat it. Its out there and accepted. Just a case of trying to doing something about it which it seems everyone at club is trying.

mate he playing kids out of position isnt he. dijksteel cb? coulson rwb? are examples. he could easily have played dijksteel rwb coulson lwb. and had paddy fry and wood all start. but he never, he played bola who from what i seen tonight isnt anywhere near coulson or marv's standard. that team tonight was a joke. it was *** tactically from the off. and a moan about fry, *** me he seems to be getting worse all the time. all he does is hoof it.

with that 11 he started we could have played this:

dijksteel----fry-----wood-----bola

----------morsy -----wing

browne--------tav----------coulson

-----------------fletch

just looking at that it seems so much better than that *** 532

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

with that 11 he started we could have played this:

dijksteel----fry-----wood-----bola

----------morsy -----wing

browne--------tav----------coulson

-----------------fletch

just looking at that it seems so much better than that *** 532

We're forced to a system because of lack of players, then pick an 11 that doesn't even fit that system it's just so baffling 

Dijksteel isn't defensive enough to play RB with a winger in front but is defensive enough to play CB? 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, xathras said:

For those blaming Warnock for this, take your glasses off and then start looking closer at the clubs recruitment team and the chairman.

The lack of creativity, balance, experience and spine goes back seasons and down to a lack of good recruitment. 

Thus far Warnock has only brought in 3 players and he's gone on record saying we need several more.

The game tonight whilst will upset many was about minutes and Neil said that last night. I don't think he intentionally went to lose but he did say his focus was players with minutes is the main area.

The club does need to address the pace, width and creativity. You'll say we have people like Coulson and Spence etc. But they also don't have the game time and experience we want as a club to move forward. Maybe if a league below but not championship.

It seems a lot of our fans expect us to by splashing the cash but reality is we have budget that doesn't support. 

Interesting times .

You also have to want to sign players that fulfil that criteria and it doesn't seem like Warnock actually wants to.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

You also have to want to sign players that fulfil that criteria and it doesn't seem like Warnock actually wants to.

He's clearly been made aware of the secret embargo we have against signing any player that may be remotely exciting, reportedly as punishment for bringing Antonio Barragan and his throw ins back to the prem

56 minutes ago, xathras said:

Interesting times .

Nobody is or ever has expected us to ‘splash the cash’ this summer

9 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Nobody is or ever has expected us to ‘splash the cash’ this summer

Not only that but we don't even need to splash the cash at all, purely because of our garbage recruitment do people say this

Then they say the area excludes us from signing a lot of players, again a result of our garbage recruitment

Barely any player would see where the majority of our players live and say it's not a nice area, we probably just never get to that stage because the players don't buy into whatever sorry excuse of a club plan/philosophy we try and sell them 

• Like 1

I beg to differ on the no body expected us to splash cash comment when many fans wanted Gibson and some of the people are quoting murphy and roberts all of which come with a price wage tag? I too would love those players but realistic

I see Warnock addressing the spine all three people brought in are known to either be captain level or talkers.

Is he trying to address the creativity and pace front? Let's see what happens?

I am in no way defending Warnock here. I put the blame of this on recruitment and executive team. 

4 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Coulson doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the side in his current form, I'd rather go with a 4231 with Fletcher, Tav and Spence in the 3 behind Britt. Then with Morsy and Saville as the 2

Bit harsh isn’t it? By form you presumably mean his one appearance this season, played out of position?

I like Spence but there’s a much stronger argument that his form means he doesn’t deserve to be in the team rather than using that argument against Coulson who hasn’t been given a proper chance yet by the current manager. 

4 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Bit harsh isn’t it? By form you presumably mean his one appearance this season, played out of position?

I like Spence but there’s a much stronger argument that his form means he doesn’t deserve to be in the team rather than using that argument against Coulson who hasn’t been given a proper chance yet by the current manager. 

How? When’s the last time Coulson had a good game or done anything of note? Last season was hardly a while ago 

even though Spence struggled a bit defensively against Watford (yes I know as a rwb defending should be his priority) he was still causing problems with his runs, that ball he put across the box was begging to be put away.

I feel a bit for Coulson, and he was in unfamiliar position yesterday but he’s shown nothing for ages either going forward or defensively. Hopefully soon he gets a chance on at LWB where it’s a bit more natural to him.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)