oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1. Three million euros is not three million pounds.

2. I'm almost certain the transfer fee could rise to three million euros with add ons etc. Initially around 1.5.

3. When did loads of you start being accountants instead of fans? I want good players here and I dont care about how much it costs 

4. Akpom is a Warnock type striker. Big and strong and direct.

5. We will bring one more striker and a creative player in next. Zohore on loan and possibly Roberts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He played in the championship when he was 18-21, cant really judge him too harshly from that considering most players are in the u23s at that age.

Very true, and I'm fully ready to give this guy a chance if he signs, his PAOK return doesn't seem too bad, but just a bit worried that he played nearly a full season for Hull in the Championship and was apparently rubbish.

He could end up being our only striker going in to next summer if we don't offer Assombalonga and Fletcher new deals.

I’m sure we’ve got more irons in the fire as well and can now move onto other targets and positions. Whenever we buy someone, people just focus on the positions we’ve not filled yet. Warnock was clear what he wanted through the spine of the team and he’s got that now. 

Probably not one to judge purely on goals scored? I'm guessing he's been brought in as someone our hoofed clearances can actually stick to. Pretty integral to a Warnock team. 

He did get a team of hoofers promoted two seasons ago... only a few points off keeping them in the Prem too. 

Does my head in when we're linked with a player and idiots start linking the Wikipedia page and saying he's already signed because somebody's edited his page.

Wikipedia has been around for nearly 20 years, you'd think people would understand how it works by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I for some reason had Akpom down as being a diminutive striker  but he is near 6ft. He does not strike me as a target man but someone who is good with his feet despite his decent size?

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I for some reason had Akpom down as being a diminutive striker  but he is near 6ft. He does not strike me as a target man but someone who is good with his feet despite his decent size?

According to transfermarkt he’s 6ft1 ! 

20 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

We’re a funny bunch aren’t we? Champions League striker from abroad and everyone moaning about the fee (that we don’t even know what it is yet!). 😂

Agree with that. We are desperate for players and people going on about someone they have hardly ever seen not being what we need and moaning about the fee as if they were paying for him. Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)