oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Piecing the timeline together this isn't an alternative to Sanogo because a week ago we had Sanogo booked in for a medical and a bid lodged with PAOK hopefully the alternative big man on loan we're targeting is up to it.

Warnock said he's a younger loan, knowing that he's a Sanogo alternative he must have a bit of height about him maybe George Hirst?

never heard of him but google says there is a rumour he had a medical at rotherham yesterday (loan)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

So we have money to spend. If it’s between Roberts and Murphy I would like us to get Murphy in. Has a year left on his contact, on much less wages then Roberts too and is a proper winger. But we need to stop doing this thing where we sign one player and rely on him to create. It’s the same every season.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

So we have money to spend. If it’s between Roberts and Murphy I would like us to get Murphy in. Has a year left on his contact, on much less wages then Roberts too and is a proper winger. But we need to stop doing this thing where we sign one player and rely on him to create. It’s the same every season.

don;t think Warnock is willing to spend the 3.5m they want - plus Rangers are also interested

13 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

the fee could be £1.5m with £250k if he scores 20+ and a further £1m if we get promoted or any such variation you'd like to come up with the twitter post does say including add on's. More importatnly he's Warnocks first choice!

Could have tempted them with a lower fee and 10 million add on if we get promotion because that ain't gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Onme'eadson said:

The strikers weve got cant strike. I would say the new lad will be a starter.

100%. But how can you drop Fletcher after last night. As Warnock said earlier in the summer, he would sell any of our squad. That's how much he rates them. 

51 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Are we really spunking £3mill on a Striker?!

Hoping to god this isn’t the only player we sign or use our budget on.

I’ll be livid if we spend this amount of money on a pretty meh striker, when we have 2 perfectly fine ones, yet once again refuse to sign wingers.

1 *** WINGER PLEASE

Why does it matter how much we spend, it isnt your money i hope we keep spending as long as we stick to FFP (Although thats doesn't seem to matter other teams) they wouldnt be paying that money if they hadnt done the numbers for it to work as we have seen gibson is all about the FFP and wouldnt not put is jepordy with it. 

Also i like the look of akpom its better than having a unfit sanogo in my opinion i also think from the videos hes going to be our 'big lad up top'. He seems similar size to fletcher but a bit more filled out, also love his passion when scoring running to the fans etc something our players never really did pre lockdown etc

• Like 1

@TAPOUT i dont think him saying he would sell any of our players is a sign of whether he rates them or not. He is simply being honest (and accurate imo) when he says that.

Literally every player at every championship club is up for sale at the right price. We are no different and to say otherwise would be feeding the fans bullsh*t.

3 minutes ago, BG93 said:

Why does it matter how much we spend, it isnt your money i hope we keep spending as long as we stick to FFP (Although thats doesn't seem to matter other teams) they wouldnt be paying that money if they hadnt done the numbers for it to work as we have seen gibson is all about the FFP and wouldnt not put is jepordy with it. 

Completely missing my point. To put it in simple terms for you, I’d rather we spent the little money we have, on wingers and creative players, rather then a 3rd striker when we already have two decent ones. We’d still need a new striker, but I’d rather get one on loan or bare minimum fee. 
All will be forgiven if we buy some wingers, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Completely missing my point. To put it in simple terms for you, I’d rather we spent the little money we have, on wingers and creative players, rather then a 3rd striker when we already have two decent ones. We’d still need a new striker, but I’d rather get one on loan or bare minimum fee. 
All will be forgiven if we buy some wingers, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

We're very unlikely to buy wingers as he seems pretty committed to the 352 now.

11 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

100%. But how can you drop Fletcher after last night. As Warnock said earlier in the summer, he would sell any of our squad. That's how much he rates them. 

Maybe that isn't far from the truth!

What if we get a decent offer for either Britt or Fletcher? We aren't in a position to turn it down with only a year remaining of their contracts (not to mention wages that are currently unsustainable). We do need at least 3 probably 4 Strikers and Walker is nowhere near ready for this level so his signing makes sense but it wouldn't surprise me that having signed him we also sell one.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)