oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I’ve seen the wing back system played well, Chelsea being the main example. When you watched that team Alonso and Moses were causing problems for 90 minutes, our wingbacks simply aren’t good enough to make the system effective.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would prefer us to play with wingers. But it’s not going to happen. 

It isn't even as though we need to buy people like Murphy for millions of pounds.  Mowbray found Carayol for a fraction of the cost to bring Murphy in and although it didn't work out in the end, he had one great season with us.  There must be hidden gems in the lower divisions.

14 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Blackwells comments of needing 2-3 more signings indicates that he either doesnt have a clue, or isnt telling the truth, otherwise it will look like we are panicking.

Why?

Warnock said the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Why?

Warnock said the exact same thing.

Because we need at least 5 sihnings not 2-3. If either Blackwell or Warnock think that is going to sort our problems, then they are both deluded. I understand it might be down to the lack of money but its a fact.

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Because we need at least 5 sihnings not 2-3. If either Blackwell or Warnock think that is going to sort our problems, then they are both deluded. I understand it might be down to the lack of money but its a fact.

Blackwell's words were:

"For me, looking at it I would say two or three, maybe more, to give us that little bit of strength in depth that we need"

I think it goes without saying that the management team would like more than 2-3 additions, but it probably won't happen.

They'll take as many as they can.

If we end the window having made 6 signings, and don't sell any players, it'll have been okay.

Not a great window, but we'll have had worse.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

if we add 3 quality players in the right positions it improves the whole team, adding 5 would disrupt it - though there isn't much to disrupt.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Blackwell's words were:

"For me, looking at it I would say two or three, maybe more, to give us that little bit of strength in depth that we need"

I think it goes without saying that the management team would like more than 2-3 additions, but it probably won't happen.

They'll take as many as they can.

If we end the window having made 6 signings, and don't sell any players, it'll have been okay.

Not a great window, but we'll have had worse.

Thanks. I never heard that he had said  "maybe more". I can understand 2-3 if we cant afford any more than that, but we do need more. I understand we might have to make do with less.

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Thanks. I never heard that he had said  "maybe more". I can understand 2-3 if we cant afford any more than that, but we do need more. I understand we might have to make do with less.

there will probably be more from the written and radio press interviews, that happen after the main press conference.

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

As has been said on here cards will be being kept very close to chests.

i know, i just meant more comments from Blackwell as the he will be asked about transfers again.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

if we add 3 quality players in the right positions it improves the whole team, adding 5 would disrupt it - though there isn't much to disrupt.

No. 5 would be great. New LB, CB, RW, LW and ST. It would be perfect. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Itll be bonkers to not sign any like

Forced into a new formation because of garbage recruitment so instead of fixing the problems we'd accentuate them, fill the squad with wing backs and no full backs/wingers for the next manager even though our current one, in an ideal world, wouldn't play wing backs 🤯

It's a choice, you can't blame recruitment this summer when we haven't even been linked with a winger. This is a choice, clearly

• Like 1