oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

It's all gone very quiet...

I watched the Brighton game yesterday and I think Dan Burn ticks all the boxes for what we are missing at the back.

- Massive presence (something we are really lacking) in both boxes

- Decent passing 

- From the NE originally

- Brighton have got a ton of defenders

- Left footed

A fairly big drawback would be his pace but then if you have some like Dijksteel in the back three with him, hopefully he could provide him with some cover. 

I personally think we could do a lot worse than him

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

It's all gone very quiet...

I watched the Brighton game yesterday and I think Dan Burn ticks all the boxes for what we are missing at the back.

- Massive presence (something we are really lacking) in both boxes

- Decent passing 

- From the NE originally

- Brighton have got a ton of defenders

- Left footed

A fairly big drawback would be his pace but then if you have some like Dijksteel in the back three with him, hopefully he could provide him with some cover. 

I personally think we could do a lot worse than him

He gets his game for Brighton doesn’t he? 

Highly doubtful they’d sell, that we could afford him and that he’d want to come. 

I think he is on the fringes, but the point probably still stands.

I guess the main draw for him would be being first choice and to come back to the area...probably is unrealistic though. 

Definitely like Flint but with passing. I think that kind of player is what we need in the middle of the back three. Hall cant do it by himself. 

15 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think he is on the fringes, but the point probably still stands.

I guess the main draw for him would be being first choice and to come back to the area...probably is unrealistic though. 

Definitely like Flint but with passing. I think that kind of player is what we need in the middle of the back three. Hall cant do it by himself. 

Is Bamba left footed? 

18 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

It's incredibly quiet on transfer news since Chuba.

We must still be working on a few more?

3 or 4 would you reckon?

CB,LB,dare I suggest a creative type player and the 4th striker.

About right?

With Coulson and Bola in the squad, I'd be surprised if we were looking at an LB. And the fact we haven't signed one as a priority suggests that we were never in the market for a first choice one.

I'd say if we were going to sign any kind of full back/wing back, it would be a right sided one as competition for Spence, but to be honest I don't think we'll do that either.

A centre back, a No.10/winger and a striker to come in, I reckon. Anyone else would be a bonus loan when the PL window closes and players don't make the 25 man squads.

27 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

It's incredibly quiet on transfer news since Chuba.

We must still be working on a few more?

3 or 4 would you reckon?

CB,LB,dare I suggest a creative type player and the 4th striker.

About right?

Aren't we linked with a young LB from Wimbledon? 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

With Coulson and Bola in the squad, I'd be surprised if we were looking at an LB. And the fact we haven't signed one as a priority suggests that we were never in the market for a first choice one.

I think in mid-august we were after one and Warnock said we went after the Celtic lad.

After that didn't work out Johnson signed a new contract and I think that ended our search for a left back. 

I think we will either sign a centre back or a right back. Djik will then play in which ever position we don't sign.