oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Surely 343 is the perfect compromise? I didn’t get the ‘but we would concede 5 goals every game’ argument last time I brought it up, I’m not particularly sure why we would.

We could achieve this simply by bringing in 1 wide player, Murphy or Roberts being the obvious examples for the right, fletcher has played left forward plenty of times for us and akpom has also played that position.

If we did go that route I’d be tempted to put Dijksteel RWB to allow for ‘Roberts’ (example) to have more license to sit higher up. And Coulson at lwb to provide more width as if we played fletcher or akpom there we’d want them drifting more central to support Britt.

........................Betinelli

........McNair.......Hall.......Fry

Disjksteel...........................Coulson

................Saville.......Morsy

Roberts..............................Akpom

..........................Britt 

I know we probably won’t go this way, it’s just an example that we could play with ‘wingers’ quite easily with just one signing rather than the total overhaul some are suggesting.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

If we are signing Cunningham I think it will be for the LWB position. He's played 200 games at LB, 13 at LM but only 20 games at CB. 19 assists and 7 goals from LB position. Looks fairly solid and can only be an upgrade on Johnson. Sell Bola for anything we can get.

9 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Hey guys, does anyone have any strong opinions on whether or not we should sign some wingers?

Also, not sure if he’s been mentioned, but does anyone think we should sign Marcus Maddison? 

Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

Yes, we all know wingers pace and creativity will help us. I’m sure Warnock isn’t daft and sees that too and also knows at some point we need to be able to change system. 

So the people adamant on ruling out getting any wingers or full backs just wait and see. Warnock isn’t stupid.

Warnock signed Greg Cunningham for Cardiff after they went up and then did not play him. Then sanctioned his loan move to Blackburn last summer to Blackburn which was cut short due to injury.

Not saying above means Warnock does not want him but Cunningham might not want to come based on above.

55 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Surely 343 is the perfect compromise? I didn’t get the ‘but we would concede 5 goals every game’ argument last time I brought it up, I’m not particularly sure why we would.

We could achieve this simply by bringing in 1 wide player, Murphy or Roberts being the obvious examples for the right, fletcher has played left forward plenty of times for us and akpom has also played that position.

If we did go that route I’d be tempted to put Dijksteel RWB to allow for ‘Roberts’ (example) to have more license to sit higher up. And Coulson at lwb to provide more width as if we played fletcher or akpom there we’d want them drifting more central to support Britt.

I know we probably won’t go this way, it’s just an example that we could play with ‘wingers’ quite easily with just one signing rather than the total overhaul some are suggesting.

What so you think we've signed a big technically limited forward to play on the left wing? When its Tavs best position and Fletcher can play there as well? Where do people come up with this stuff from?

58 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I feel like I post this same post every few weeks.

Far too much gets made of formations from fans, 5 at the back doesn't have to be negative and neither does 1 up front. You can play 3 up front and still be defensively sound. 

Its all about having the right balance of players and the right attitude. Good teams don't have players stuck in rigid positions they are fluid and blend between formations throughout a game. 

We could play 343 and still be solid at the back. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Firm beliver this is the way forward for us, we could be the new wolves 😉, just need a left sided center back and a creative player/winger.

Wolves weren't successful because they played 3-4-3, they were successful because they had good players in the right positions, playing for a manager who understood how to get the most out of the players and the formation. I think Warnock will get the most out of the players, whether he will get the best out of the formation time will tell. But one thing is for sure, trying to squeeze our whole squad into a formation none of them fit into is not the recipe for success.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

If you don't resign Johnson you're left with Coulson and Bola at left back niether of which are proven left backs at this level (nor is Johnson btw)

So if we don't re-sign the player who isn't good enough then we'll be left with the other two players who aren't good enough?  There isn't a voice somewhere saying "why don't we sign someone who is good enough then?".  We're wasting money on a player who isn't good enough, and doing that at the expense of actually fixing a problem area in the squad, which will still be a problem area in a year's time, when we still have the other problems to sort out as well, cos really we haven't sorted any of them so far.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

What so you think we've signed a big technically limited forward to play on the left wing? When its Tavs best position and Fletcher can play there as well? Where do people come up with this stuff from?

So who is this ‘big technically limited striker’ we’ve signed? Or are you wrong assuming that’s what kind of player Akpom is?

Look if you’re gonna try and be all cocky and ‘know it all’ at least read my post in full. Honestly I can’t stand *** posts like yours sometimes, arrogantly talking to people as if you have some kind of superior football knowledge. Get over yourself.

Edited by LinoJo3
1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Since when has Tav's best position been left wing?

Since when has Fletcher been good at left wing?

Since when is Akpom 'a big technically limited forward'?

Where do people come up with this stuff?

• Like 6