oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

he started as DCM IIRC, Bowyer moved him to RB, think he has only played in that position for one full season beforemoving to us

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Maybe he is in the u 23s as both Isiah Jones and Folarin played but with Hayden Coulson having the no 11 shirt maybe they are taking it seriously as Blackwell and Jepson along with Captain Britt were on the side lines

Walker and O'Neill both scored

I havn't seen a team sheet but Zach Hemmings was in goal.   The defence looked like Dodds,  Wood,  Sykes and Bola.

The midfield had Jones,  Folarin,  Liddell, Malley and Wing as well as Coulson  and as well as the two scorers Burrell got a run out

The experience might be a bit limited but the enthusiasm will be overflowing

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?

All I said was he was raw at Charlton, which is true. I would imagine we bought him for a combination of factors, age and potential would have been big ones. 

Dijksteel has been my MOTM in both league games (although Paddy tied with him in the Bournemouth one) and was one of the only people against Barnsley to come out with any credit I felt. We (yet again) clearly are seeing different things when we watch him.

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All I said was he was raw at Charlton, which is true. I would imagine we bought him for a combination of factors, age and potential would have been big ones. 

Dijksteel has been my MOTM in both league games (although Paddy tied with him in the Bournemouth one) and was one of the only people against Barnsley to come out with any credit I felt. We (yet again) clearly are seeing different things when we watch him.

No, I thought he did ok against Watford and Bournemouth.  I wouldn't have given him MOTM in either game but he definitely did ok in both 👍

To be fair, you said he didn't shine at Charlton, which lead to me asking the question of why we bought him as you'd assume that watching someone not playing well wouldn't be an ideal selling point.  It's not as if he has huge experience before Charlton.

Also, at least I can tell the difference between him and Spence 😝 #BLM

22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

CT I completely agree with you and said as much but you are not going to win this argument. 

Dijksteel has had 2 okay performances at CB likewise McNair has but they will get found out against the likes of Deeney, Pukki and Moore. 

I am sick to death of seeing our team trying square pegs in round holes and completely unbalancing the rest of the team.

Fry CB and Dijksteel at RB - Its really not hard to see.

He can't whinge at having not a good enough squad whilst playing players out of their natural position.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

CT I completely agree with you and said as much but you are not going to win this argument. 

Dijksteel has had 2 okay performances at CB likewise McNair has but they will get found out against the likes of Deeney, Pukki and Moore. 

I am sick to death of seeing our team trying square pegs in round holes and completely unbalancing the rest of the team.

He can't whinge at having not a good enough squad whilst playing players out of their natural position.

Well there's always a first time for everything I suppose but I'm currently undefeated in arguing, and while Brunners is one of the nicest fellas you could meet, he's a bit of a lightweight really.

• Haha 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

Well there's always a first time for everything I suppose but I'm currently undefeated in arguing, and while Brunners is one of the nicest fellas you could meet, he's a bit of a lightweight really.

He's nice until you mention that Spence isnt good enough and Dijksteel and McNair shouldn't be long term CB's you mean?!?! 😅😅

42 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's nice until you mention that Spence isnt good enough and Dijksteel and McNair shouldn't be long term CB's you mean?!?! 😅😅

🙄 Spence hasn't played enough football to know if he's good enough really. He's clearly got something about him, but I'm not going to sit here and say he's played particularly well, he hasn't. I just personally don't think we should be writing him off yet. He needs competition though, at the minute he basically knows he's in the team and that will be probably having an effect too I would imagine. 

As for Dijksteel & McNair. Again, Dijksteel hasn't played near enough for me to judge how he'll do against the "better" strikers but I love the qualities he possesses in the role so want to try him out & McNair has played as a CB plenty of times throughout his career - in fact I believe one of the reasons he moved away from Man U was because they thought he was a CB and he thought he was a CM, was it not? At the very least, he played CB 18 times for Man U in the PL. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

No, I thought he did ok against Watford and Bournemouth.  I wouldn't have given him MOTM in either game but he definitely did ok in both 👍

To be fair, you said he didn't shine at Charlton, which lead to me asking the question of why we bought him as you'd assume that watching someone not playing well wouldn't be an ideal selling point.  It's not as if he has huge experience before Charlton.

Also, at least I can tell the difference between him and Spence 😝 #BLM

See there we go, that's just how we see the game differently. I thought he was the best player on the pitch in both games. 

And sorry with the didn't shine bit; that is miscommunication on my part, what I meant by that was he didn't really shine playing RB here but I know he was considered raw back at Charlton. I don't remember if he had shone playing RB at Charlton, honestly and I don't have the energy to go look it up.

Guilty on the Spence/Dijksteel mishap though; I just saw a number 2 and assumed, which of course is wrong of me.

16 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

You’re forgetting we bought, then sold, the best winger in the world at the moment.

Is this sarcasm? 

Whilst i accept Adama has come on leaps and bounds at Wolves he has never at any point been the best winger in the world. And until he performs at the highest level fairly regularly neither will he be.

Performing for Wolverhampton in PL and Europa League does not make you the best in world. There are wingers out there doing it on biggest stage in world football which Adama as of yet has not graced.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

To be fair you have no idea if they will be found out, they are both young enough and have the attributes to make a few positions their own.

This idea that players need to be finished articles before they can play for us is rubbish, we are a mid level championship side at best. We are picking off scraps and trying to improve players

• Like 3