oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, Will said:

Barnes was a fair bit less productive than him from memory, although Adama did have Europa games.

Just talking about the Premier League, mate.  8 goals and 6 assists for Barnes, 4 goals and 9 assists for Traore if I remember rightly.  I thought that was a decent comparison as the clubs are a bit closer together than Wolves and Man City for example.  If he wants to be in the company of Sterling, Sancho, Mane and those types then he needs to be doing a lot more than that.  Double figures for both goals and assists I'd say as a minimum.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Brunners said:

🙄 Spence hasn't played enough football to know if he's good enough really. He's clearly got something about him, but I'm not going to sit here and say he's played particularly well, he hasn't. I just personally don't think we should be writing him off yet. He needs competition though, at the minute he basically knows he's in the team and that will be probably having an effect too I would imagine. 

As for Dijksteel & McNair. Again, Dijksteel hasn't played near enough for me to judge how he'll do against the "better" strikers but I love the qualities he possesses in the role so want to try him out & McNair has played as a CB plenty of times throughout his career - in fact I believe one of the reasons he moved away from Man U was because they thought he was a CB and he thought he was a CM, was it not? At the very least, he played CB 18 times for Man U in the PL. 

See there we go, that's just how we see the game differently. I thought he was the best player on the pitch in both games. 

And sorry with the didn't shine bit; that is miscommunication on my part, what I meant by that was he didn't really shine playing RB here but I know he was considered raw back at Charlton. I don't remember if he had shone playing RB at Charlton, honestly and I don't have the energy to go look it up.

Guilty on the Spence/Dijksteel mishap though; I just saw a number 2 and assumed, which of course is wrong of me.

Is there a fishing emoji? 😂😂

Dijksteel was classed as a midfielder at Charlton who due to an injury crisis was played by Bowyer at RB in the same way we played Howson there. When we signed him Charlton fans were amused that we signed him as a RB at the time.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/player/59492bc197226/profile

That's not to say he can't like McNair and Howson be capable in playing in a few different roles. So far this season he has looked a better prospect but it is still very early days and where he ends up positionally I would surmise is in a state of flux, probably determined by who NW has available to him.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Dijksteel was classed as a midfielder at Charlton who due to an injury crisis was played by Bowyer at RB in the same way we played Howson there. When we signed him Charlton fans were amused that we signed him as a RB at the time.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/player/59492bc197226/profile

That's not to say he can't like McNair and Howson be capable in playing in a few different roles. So far this season he has looked a better prospect but it is still very early days and where he ends up positionally I would surmise is in a state of flux, probably determined by who NW has available to him.

Djiksteel has done well so far this season, I’d actually be interested to see how he plays at DM. 

He certainly has the athleticism to do well there, providing he’s comfortable with playing the role 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Just talking about the Premier League, mate.  8 goals and 6 assists for Barnes, 4 goals and 9 assists for Traore if I remember rightly.  I thought that was a decent comparison as the clubs are a bit closer together than Wolves and Man City for example.  If he wants to be in the company of Sterling, Sancho, Mane and those types then he needs to be doing a lot more than that.  Double figures for both goals and assists I'd say as a minimum.

Oh god here he goes again 

Screenshot_20200923-091127_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

To be fair you have no idea if they will be found out, they are both young enough and have the attributes to make a few positions their own.

This idea that players need to be finished articles before they can play for us is rubbish, we are a mid level championship side at best. We are picking off scraps and trying to improve players

Plus its not exactly unheard of for players to adapt to playing in different positions.

I'm no fan of having players out of their natural  / preferred positions...but god knows we seem to have made a habit of it for long enough under various managers.

Maybe in Warnock and his coaching staff we finally have a backroom team who can make it work? If he can't get the players he wants, he can only try to mould the ones he has to play the system he wants to use...

1 hour ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Djiksteel has done well so far this season, I’d actually be interested to see how he plays at DM. 

He certainly has the athleticism to do well there, providing he’s comfortable with playing the role 

I think he could be interesting playing centrally in front of a back four, breaking up play, dropping back when required and useful at defending set pieces. At least Warnock will have some idea of how to play to his strengths and get the best out of him for the benefit of the team whatever tactics he employs.

We saw on Saturday McNair looking classy at CB and then gave us the advantage of pushing him further up when we were chasing for the equaliser. To be able to have that luxury without making substitutions can be a massive benefit. In that regard, Howson, Dijksteel and McNair could all be invaluable this season.

• Like 1