oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

31 minutes ago, CWC said:

It’s alarmingly quiet with only a few weeks of the window left. We need bodies in. 

Given the recent news of fans returning being pushed back even further it's going to significantly effect the clubs financial situation. Not sure now's the time to be whinging about lack of signings.

Given the situation and what it means for the clubs finances, being in this league and still having a club next year will be considered a success for me.

• Like 12
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Still lots of Free Agents on transfermarkt.

did smile when I saw the name of a few of the Brazilians :

Wellington Nem, been known to boot his opposite number.

Wanderson, named after the glossy haired former Boro and Tenerife midfield dynamo.

Clayton, named after the erstwhile Boro and Man Utd star? 

After Dominic Cummings ventriloquist act midweek via his blonde puppet I think Clubs outside of the Premiership will be working out how long they can stay afloat for before going bust rather than looking to add to their costs.

A modest £2M signing will cost another half million upwards in wages and in our case SG has a Hotel with occupancy rates well below break even and Bulkhaul operating well below capacity. I'd rather a few drivers in Bulkhaul and a few staff at the Hotel remained in employment right now than bringing in more twenty something millionaires. I said previously that I doubt this season would be concluded and sadly I think that is even more likely now.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

After Dominic Cummings ventriloquist act midweek via his blonde puppet I think Clubs outside of the Premiership will be working out how long they can stay afloat for before going bust rather than looking to add to their costs.

A modest £2M signing will cost another half million upwards in wages and in our case SG has a Hotel with occupancy rates well below break even and Bulkhaul operating well below capacity. I'd rather a few drivers in Bulkhaul and a few staff at the Hotel remained in employment right now than bringing in more twenty something millionaires. I said previously that I doubt this season would be concluded and sadly I think that is even more likely now.

i'm not sure that's how the financial relationship works

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

i'm not sure that's how the financial relationship works

Well if SG has to pump a million a month into the Club just to keep it afloat in normal times heaven knows how much he is putting in over the last six months and for the next six months. I'd rather he put some in the direction of the little people with families and homes at risk under his various payrolls rather than deposits for new Bentley Bentayga's for a 25 year old with an agent and a WAG in tow, no family and a few million already in the bank.

• Like 2

Given the news from the government regarding crowds I am now of the mindset that we will go with what we have. Anyone else through the door is a real bonus. Yes we are short but as Will said, existence is the priority.

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Will said:

Given the recent news of fans returning being pushed back even further it's going to significantly effect the clubs financial situation. Not sure now's the time to be whinging about lack of signings.

Given the situation and what it means for the clubs finances, being in this league and still having a club next year will be considered a success for me.

That’s exactly how I see things too, Will. The lack of fans and income will bankrupt a lot of clubs, now is not the time to be signing players.

Lets just hope the club will still be in business when the next transfer window opens. 

• Like 3

The only position that I hope we can make a signing in regardless of the aforementioned 'state of things' is CB. I'm happy enough to have Folarin/Walker as 4th choice strikers right now and unless we can sell midfielders, I think we may have to stick with what we have in terms of creativity.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Will said:

top post that Will, spot on

Meme Reaction GIF

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

We ain't going to get the amount people want. I think we'll sign two more, but I think we need four or five.

I can't even see us getting two more,in the present situation we may have to get by on what we have in now 

48 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Well if SG has to pump a million a month into the Club just to keep it afloat in normal times heaven knows how much he is putting in over the last six months and for the next six months. I'd rather he put some in the direction of the little people with families and homes at risk under his various payrolls rather than deposits for new Bentley Bentayga's for a 25 year old with an agent and a WAG in tow, no family and a few million already in the bank.

He doesn't.

'The little people' 🤭

1 hour ago, Will said:

Yeah it certainly puts the hysteria of transfers and deadline day drama into perspective. 

Some clubs are talking about going bust in the near future so I find it hard to get angry that we haven't signed anyone in the last week.  

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah it certainly puts the hysteria of transfers and deadline day drama into perspective. 

Some clubs are talking about going bust in the near future so I find it hard to get angry that we haven't signed anyone in the last week.  

I find it hard to get angry about signings at any time.  However, we need a left back and a couple of attacking players so they had better get their bloody finger out and get it done.

• Like 1