oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Haven’t arsenal paid off their stadium? Think they did in record time which was also why they have fallen a bit behind as they couldn’t invest as heavily in the squad. 

They haven't paid it off yet, they have paid about half off though. If I recall correctly Kroenke restructured the clubs stadium debt, so that they now owe him directly, but at much lower interest rates. 

It's similar to what Gibson did with our debts.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

maybe one more perm, and then hope we can pick up a few in the loan market - probably

When you "pick players up" in the transfer market,they still have a wage to be paid,whether free or not. The only transfers I can see happening is in the loan market where the parent club want to give game time to players to improve their fitness...IE Patrick Roberts from Man City,but I'll bet the parent club paid most if not all his wages...Benefits both clubs,really...I suspect that is what the club will be looking at

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

When you "pick players up" in the transfer market,they still have a wage to be paid,whether free or not. The only transfers I can see happening is in the loan market where the parent club want to give game time to players to improve their fitness...IE Patrick Roberts from Man City,but I'll bet the parent club paid most if not all his wages...Benefits both clubs,really...I suspect that is what the club will be looking at

i thought the fact you have to pay players was a bit obvious.

a lot of clubs haven't managed to move on players, and as pointed out by manby others, there are still a lot of free agents out there.

we have 2 basic criteria - 1) the player improves the squad,  2) it is within our financial capability

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boro Banker said:

Sorry to mention transfers, but apparently a few championships clubs are interested in Curtis Jones from Liverpool. 

I know it’s unlikely to happen but that would be a fantastic signing. 

exactly the midfield creativity we have been missing. 

Unlikely it is putting it mildly. More chance of me playing in championship than there is of Curtis Jones this season. I would not pay attention to the rumour my friend.

25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Unlikely it is putting it mildly. More chance of me playing in championship than there is of Curtis Jones this season. I would not pay attention to the rumour my friend.

who have you signed for?

10 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

It certainly is, when you consider the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham have to pay the mortgage on their new builds.

Spurs signed a deal with the NFL which covered a very significant chunk of the cost to build the stadium. They aren't going to have the same problems Arsenal had.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

But Alan Nixon has tweeted about it and he’s never wrong 

27 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

But Alan Nixon has tweeted about it and he’s never wrong 

To be fair all he said was that a few championship sides had asked about him and been knocked back. That's hardly unlikely.

16 hours ago, 2plus2 said:

Ladies and gents, we are not going broke this season. I'm sure our finances are somewhat tight, but there's no way we're spending £3m+ on players in the midst of the pandemic if we're emptying the penny jar. That would be worse money management then the early-mid 80s & earlier, even given our current business flaws there's just no way that we're mirroring anything that short-sighted.

A few other clubs, on the other hand, have plenty to worry about

Derby will be okay, they'll just sell their stadium for a billion pounds

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

i thought the fact you have to pay players was a bit obvious.

a lot of clubs haven't managed to move on players, and as pointed out by manby others, there are still a lot of free agents out there.

we have 2 basic criteria - 1) the player improves the squad,  2) it is within our financial capability

No,What I meant was Some clubs will pay all or a large % of their wages to loan players out,I don't know how much if anything we paid for Patrick Roberts, Like you said Maz it has to come inside our finances

• Like 1
Just now, Barnaby said:

No,What I meant was Some clubs will pay all or a large % of their wages to loan players out,I don't know how much if anything we paid for Patrick Roberts, Like you said Maz it has to come inside our finances

i remember reading that we were paying 20% of Roberts wages - could be wrong

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint those that think my footballing abilities resemble anything like our magic Brazilian.

My peak physical condition is more Michael Ricketts & Mido in retirement than Juninho.

In my case TLF stands for "the large f**ker".

• Haha 4