oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I know this name has been mentioned 100s of times before in relation to us and again, questions of where he fits in with us (same way as Roberts) but I wonder who's going to take Jota of Villa's hands? The lad didn't have a great season by all accounts and has only managed 10 minutes so far this season in Villa's 2nd round tie against Burton, he didn't even make the squad against Bristol City. I'd be shocked to see nobody even having a nibble before the end of the window.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know this name has been mentioned 100s of times before in relation to us and again, questions of where he fits in with us (same way as Roberts) but I wonder who's going to take Jota of Villa's hands? The lad didn't have a great season by all accounts and has only managed 10 minutes so far this season in Villa's 2nd round tie against Burton, he didn't even make the squad against Bristol City. I'd be shocked to see nobody even having a nibble before the end of the window.

When you put it like that, it’s not that shocking ☺️

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

When you put it like that, it’s not that shocking ☺️

HAH, yeah, but he's definitely not the first Championship player who's struggled to adapt to the Prem and then come straight back on a loan or permanent signing.

I would love Jota. He could be our Gaston. In terms of where to play him he could play as a 2nd striker off the main striker in a 3.5.1.1 as opposed to a our usual 3.5.2 in games where we might set up slightly differently. Would not require a huge tweak and we did it last year with Roberts in that role as a 2nd striker

Jota would be an interesting signing. He was the one I hoped we went for the season Villa decided to throw silly money at him. He hasn't played too much recently though so be interesting if he could get anywhere near the player he was.

I was going to suggest Bonatini as the 4th striker option but just seen hes gone to Grasshoppers 😏

12 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I’m guessing he’s on a fairly big contract at moneybags-Villa. But at the end of the window Villa might find a 15k contribution appealing. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I got bleeding eye cancer from catching up with this thread. 12 pages of a lot of nothing sugarcoated with finances 😄

I know. It’s like watching Midtjylland play football🤥

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I know. It’s like watching Midtjylland play football🤥

I know they are rivals to your team, but you got to admit, that they play exciting football 😉 
One more ggod game after that fine result in Prague and it's Champions League, baby! 

37 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I know they are rivals to your team, but you got to admit, that they play exciting football 😉 
One more ggod game after that fine result in Prague and it's Champions League, baby! 

Exciting and Midtjylland don’t mix. But they are damn good at playing for a result. With Sisto back it might be more entertaining. Anyway, transfers eh. 

after some terrible finishing today, i took the time to work out how boro have faired with goals scorers in the championship, i looked at how many players have scored 20 or more in a season since boros relegation and how many players have scored 15 or more in a season. * this will only take in to account league goals.

since the 09/10 season the average number of players per season scoring 20 goals or more in the league has been 4, the average number of players score 15 or more has been 11.

no boro has scored 20 or more league goals in our 10 seasons in the championship, and only 2 player have scored 15 or more britt with 15 in the 17/18 and bamford in 14/15.

intresting fact, before these two you have to go back to ravanelli in 96/97 to find another boro player who scored more 15 or more leagues in a season.

only twice have boro have strikers who have place in the top 10 scorers, not suprising bamfords 17 goals meant he was 10th and assombonga's 15 placed him 8th. 

an even more damning statistic is that only 3 time have boro had a player finish in the top 15 scorers in the league, the two previously mentioned players in britt and bamford and also marvin emnes in 11/12 season.

Not really sure what my goal is of posting these statistics, as were all aware how bad weve been with aquring strikers over the year, but even i didnt realise how bad it was until i sat down and crunched the numbers. For a club our size with our resources to have only had 3 players feature in the top 15 goal scorers in the league over 10 seasons is a damning indictment of our recruitment.