oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Would be a decent end to the window if we can land Green, Roberts and a defender. Doesn't look like we are in for new LWB's and RWB's so let's just pray that Spence, Johnson and Coulson can get better as the season progresses.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Would be a decent end to the window if we can land Green, Roberts and a defender. Doesn't look like we are in for new LWB's and RWB's so let's just pray that Spence, Johnson and Coulson can get better as the season progresses.

We don't even know how good Coulson is at the minute because they seem to refuse to want to actually play him in his proper position. He must be absolutely awful in training like.

• Sad 1
Just now, Brunners said:

We don't even know how good Coulson is at the minute because they seem to refuse to want to actually play him in his proper position. He must be absolutely awful in training like.

saving him for 4-3-3

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Warnock must really dislike Coulson. He was the brightest of the youngster's last season and can't get a look in over Johnson who has been diabolical. At least with Spence who hasn't been much better you can see why he's in the team with no real competition and he brings pace which we don't have anywhere else.

21 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock praised Coulson in an interview over the summer. I wonder if he was hit badly by this non Covid (but was it really?) illness like Fry? I think he’ll get his chance soon. 

I really hope so. He was one of our brighter lights in the mess that was last season. The lad at least deserves a chance to show what he can do.

• Like 1

I can't believe people are trying to justify us selling Bamford. It was a ridiculous decision at the time, and appears even more so now. 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out a single decision that Pulis made in his time at the club that has benefited the club in the long term. The signing of McNair is probably the only one that might qualify.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I can't believe people are trying to justify us selling Bamford. It was a ridiculous decision at the time, and appears even more so now. 

I'm genuinely struggling to work out a single decision that Pulis made in his time at the club that has benefited the club in the long term. The signing of McNair is probably the only one that might qualify.

Especially when you consider how he handled McNair that season. #10 in pre-season, one injury going into the first game and he turns into a versatility player who will only fill in the gaps left by others.

Regarding Bamford, a lot of our fans were happy with ~£10 million that was suggested at the time and even the majority of Leeds fans last season were saying how good that deal was for us with them overpaying. Ok now with the benefit of hindsight he has started in PL very well so it’s easy for everyone to do a 180. Still a long time left and I’m sure it won’t be long before Leeds are demanding a more high profile striker ... again 

Edited by FamilyBoro
Guess it’s 180 not 360 :)

It isn't hindsight, Bamford was clearly the best striker at the club except for one reason or another Pulis refused to accept it. When he got a run in the side it was Bamford's goals that fired us into the Play Offs that Pulis then surrendered in a spineless two legged embarrassment. I'd be interested to know if there was anything in Pulis's contract that saw him benefit from cash raised from sales. 

• Like 5