oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think Browne should be competing against Tav for his place in the team. Surprised he’s not been tried there yet because Tav’s form has dropped since end of last season. 

I'm of the opposite opinion, I think Tav has been our best midfielder to start the season. Although I agree that Browne should be competing for one of the central positions either as a second striker or a number 10.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tobermory said:

Why are you playing Howson at RB when Dijksteel was bought to play RB?  You've left Fry out to accommodate that arrangement too.

Because Fry is poor. I like Dijksteel at CB, he's strong and composed. 

Howson can actually pass/cross unlike all our other RB options.

Honestly you can have all the strikers in the world but if you don't create chances they can't score. Like the issue we have with Britt is he is a striker who runs in behind but we don't have that creative player who can play him in.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Honestly you can have all the strikers in the world but if you don't create chances they can't score. Like the issue we have with Britt is he is a striker who runs in behind but we don't have that creative player who can play him in.

I mean, he did have a good chance on Saturday....

Dijksteel as a centre-back in a two would be hugely concerning to me. He'd have to win a lot more of his aerial battles, right now that's not really his area or where he's getting challenged, he is half a centre-back and half a right-back, he's covering the opposition's left side channel in order to keep Spence higher up the pitch, he's also able to step up into midfield and out wide in this formation we're playing right now and he's not gonna be able to do that in a back 4.

• Like 4

Personally I think we should be sticking with players who can play in a 352, one of the many flaws Woodgate had was just persistent chopping and changing of formations.

We have players who suit 352 and I think if we stick with it we will come good.

2 hours ago, OzzyPorter said:

Bamford demanded assurances that he would be first choice when fit. he never got them. He then, through his representatives, engineered a move away. This is how it went from start to finish of his exit process.

This is definitely not what several of us on here heard at the time... That's pretty much the PR spin to a tee.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

Personally I think we should be sticking with players who can play in a 352, one of the many flaws Woodgate had was just persistent chopping and changing of formations.

We have players who suit 352 and I think if we stick with it we will come good.

I was of this opinion but our wingbacks are proving to be ineffective (Spence is inconsistent and Johnson is just bad again) and that can't happen in  a 352. We looked good when we changed to the 433 at the weekend, so maybe we do need to investigate that again...

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

This is definitely not what several of us on here heard at the time... That's pretty much the PR spin to a tee.

Didn’t bamford say in a tv interview that his agent told him Leeds were interested and he told his agent to get it done? 

3 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Didn’t bamford say in a tv interview that his agent told him Leeds were interested and he told his agent to get it done? 

Everything that came out at the time was carefully worked out to make Plus, Bamford, and Boro all look like they got what they wanted. In reality, only one of them did. And it wasn't Paddy.

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Everything that came out at the time was carefully worked out to make Plus, Bamford, and Boro all look like they got what they wanted. In reality, only one of them did. And it wasn't Paddy.

To be fair I’ve just read this from May this year  sounds like it was Boros doing

"It was actually quite strange," Bamford admitted in a Q&A video streamed on Leeds' Twitter page. "I thought I was staying at Middlesbrough. I originally knew that [Nottingham] Forest had put a bid in, as Aitor [Karanka] was there and he used to manage me at Middlesbrough.

Middlesbrough put a stupid figure on it and I think it was double what Leeds actually ended up paying, so there was clearly something going on there.

"That was when the first offer came in but it didn't really change anything for me as it was just two clubs talking. Then I heard about Leeds being interested; I remember my agent telling me that Leeds were interested and that obviously pricked my ears out.

"But then I was playing in a friendly against Sunderland, at Boro, and it actually got cancelled halfway through. I was supposed to start and Tony Pulis [Middlesbrough manager at the time] came over to me and said 'let's have a chat. I am taking you out of the starting team and you know why, don't you?'I said: 'no.' He then told me that Leeds had put a bid in and it had been accepted.

"I was like: 'really'. He was really good about it, to be fair. A lot of people have bad stories about Tony Pulis but I cannot speak highly enough about him, as he was honest, told me they had accepted a bid and thanked me for my time and everything.

"That was pretty much it. Once he had said it was the club's decision, that was it.

"After that, my head was only focused on Leeds. Obviously there was final details and stuff that needed to be sorted, but that was pretty much the whole story."