oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OzzyPorter said:

I can name quite a few but the glaringly obvious one is playing and developing Traore. Step out of that mist of hatred and bias, open your eyes and give a balanced opinion.

Pulis got the best out of Traore, yup. What are the others you've got? I can't think of anything else. He took a lot of our money being the highest paid manager in our history and undoubtedly one of the highest in the Championship at the time, took credit for selling players but spent pretty much the same amount without actually improving us. He got us to the play offs once and we defended our way through both legs, with only a single free kick of note across 180 minutes. The season after, he had us finishing 2 positions lower and claimed that achievement was bigger. That's just some of the reasons against him, let's have you balance it out. With... Traore?

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

How has him developing Traore benefited us in the long term?

Everytime he does well for Wolves we get mentioned! 😉 "Ex Middlesbrough player".

Pulis with his long term thinking raising the profile of "Brand" Middlesbrough FC.

Clever GIF by memecandy

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Pulis could create the perfect footballer that footballer would be Aden Flint.

The same Aden flint that we tried to sign in the summer before under monk?

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

Was the Saville and flint signings all down to pulis?

Well pulis took credit for taking control of everything and that he was helping improve the club from top to bottom. Youd assume, as manager, that would include transfers. Also, Saville and flint are the all graft and physical qualities over footballing ability type players that pulis has bought for his entire career. You can't seriously think he didn't want us to sign them?

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Well pulis took credit for taking control of everything and that he was helping improve the club from top to bottom. Youd assume, as manager, that would include transfers. Also, Saville and flint are the all graft and physical qualities over footballing ability type players that pulis has bought for his entire career. You can't seriously think he didn't want us to sign them?

They are also the type of player our amazing recruitment Department like to sign too

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

They are also the type of player our amazing recruitment Department like to sign too

Yes but when you combine that with the fact that pulis systematically removed the flair players from the side while replacing them with the players that he did and ignoring the likes of Harrison and van la parra, you can see why people wouldn't be overly impressed.

Gibson said pulis did a good job. So maybe he was just reducing our wage bill like he was asked to do. 

my point is we were a badly run club long before pulis came in. People need to stop using pulis as an excuse to give Gibson and co a free ride 

Edited by ABH
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, ABH said:

Gibson said pulis did a good job. So maybe he was just reducing our wage bill like he was asked to do. 

my point is we were a badly run club long before pulis came in. People need to stop using pulis as an excuse to give Gibson and co a free ride 

Couldn't of said it better.

To be honest on paper they didnt seem too bad signings with both scoring goals for their teams. I was looking forward to seeing Flint given how well he did the season before (looking pretty decent in the cup) and being a genuine attacking threat. We somehow converted him into a defender with a 50p head and wasn't very good on the ball either.

Saville we didn't need given we signed Besic and McNair. Saville for 3million wouldnt be bad business but 7ish million given where we were lacking on the pitch was a poor decision by us. 

I'm worried we wont meet our daily quota of mentioning Marcus Maddison, Jordan Jones or a random ex-Boro player, so....

Marcus Maddison

Jordan Jones

and

What is Keith O'Neill upto these days? I reckon he could still do a job for us

Phew...Close call there guys

In all seriousness, i'd imagine all of our signings from here on out will be loans, so lets hope we can bring back Roberts as one of them.