oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Yeah I think these days we have to take “buzzing” slightly different to how we would have in the past. More like “not massively depressing”. 

It's all relative really, if you are hoping to be buzzing from the make up of out team/squad based on excitement then you'll be waiting a long time but if we could find balance and not have to play with a back 5 I'd be fairly happy. 

Personally I don't think we will getting anyone in, we struggled even before the prospect of no fans all season

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Yeah I think these days we have to take “buzzing” slightly different to how we would have in the past. More like “not massively depressing”. 

Yep - gotta take the positives where we can find them.

I don't think I've explained myself well enough.  What I'm asking is, how does another central defender and Roberts improve the team as it currently is?  Does it improve our weaknesses in terms of replacing the current players?  Not really, no.  Does it allow us to change the way that we play to improve our weaknesses?  Again, not really, no.

Bettinelli

Spence - Dijksteel - Hall - New CB - Johnson

Morsy - Howson - McNair

Roberts

Fletcher/Akpom/Assombalonga

Is that team really better than the one we put out on Saturday?  I don't think it is, so what would there be to get excited about with these additions?  If you're saying that signing Roberts would lead to a complete change in how we play then I'm not really seeing it?  

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Roberts would make the 433 more likely I think.

But is 433 better than 352?  Do we have the players for 433?  Johnson is ineffective at LWB and terrible at LB.

Where would Roberts play in 433?  Would that mean we only played one of our strikers rather than two, and how is that better?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

But is 433 better than 352?  Do we have the players for 433?  Johnson is ineffective at LWB and terrible at LB.

Where would Roberts play in 433?  Would that mean we only played one of our strikers rather than two, and how is that better?

The argument then is that will we be less effective with a 433 with a non left back than a 352 with a non left wing back, an ineffectual midfield in that shape and a right wing back who is horribly out of form (and let's face it, his period of form only really lasted a few weeks to begin with and was under a different manager)?

People talk about this 352 like the players we have can play it perfectly or even well- I dont think they can, at least not to the point where we have no choice but to play it. 

22 minutes ago, Tobermory said:

I can't answer any of those questions honestly mate. I just think that Warnock probably still wants to play the 433, even if publicly he's committed to the 352.

24 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Time for 4231 Karanka style

If only, it's my favourite formation.

I suppose we could do it if we used the AM role as a second striker rather than a traditional #10 and play Akpom or Fletcher there.  We'd still need 2 wingers in though.

McNair / Saville ------ Morsy / Howson

??? / Tav   -------  Akpom / Fletcher -------- ??? / Browne

Britt / ????

Can't see it though unfortunately

Bettinelli

Djiksteel

Hall

Fry

Coulson

McNair

Morsy

Roberts

Tav

Akpom

Britt

Wing, Browne, Fletcher, Johnson can all operate in the 3 behind the 1.

Saville and Howson can play centre mid.

Obviously we need to sign Roberts.

• Like 1