oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Books need to be balanced - need a couple out before a couple come in I heard.

Sorry this makes no sense.

Firstly who do we need to let go? We can barely put a bench together as it is.

Secondly 6 players left with a combined reporters weekly wage of near (if not) beyond 100k.

So far 4 have come in and whilst I am not slightly ITK i will bet everything i possess them four are not taking up anywhere near a 100k.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Under the circumstances I think that we would have to consider any serious offer for anybody? (I haven’t been told this I’m speculating) At the same time there are saleable players that it would be easier to manage without than others. Pears is one. And if we are overloaded anywhere it would be midfield.

Yeah agree. Think that we would consider a bid for any of our players regardless of whether covid was about or not. Not a dig at the club but 99% of professional teams will sell they players if an acceptable offers comes along.

I would sacrifice Fry for a good fee. I feel we could replace him and strengthen other areas. And still have change left over. Obv if recruitment is correct. Big IF i know.

30 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah agree. Think that we would consider a bid for any of our players regardless of whether covid was about or not. Not a dig at the club but 99% of professional teams will sell they players if an acceptable offers comes along.

I would sacrifice Fry for a good fee. I feel we could replace him and strengthen other areas. And still have change left over. Obv if recruitment is correct. Big IF i know.

Whos giving us even close to a good fee to a player who can't get in the side ahead of a central midfielder and a right back right now?

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry this makes no sense.

Firstly who do we need to let go? We can barely put a bench together as it is.

Secondly 6 players left with a combined reporters weekly wage of near (if not) beyond 100k.

So far 4 have come in and whilst I am not slightly ITK i will bet everything i possess them four are not taking up anywhere near a 100k.

All those who left got the contracts in, or the season after, the PL season. It’s reasonable to assume that the budget we’re working to now isn’t what it was then, not even close. It might not even be the budget we were working to a fortnight ago to be honest. Either way the rumour is that we need to move a couple on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Whos giving us even close to a good fee to a player who can't get in the side ahead of a central midfielder and a right back right now?

I get the point, but it sounds like Fry hasn't been playing because he's still short of fitness after catching Covid in the summer.

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Signed for Charlton I'm afraid...we've missed(dodged)* that boat(bullet)*.

* Delete which option you feel is appropriate.

I'll go for "we've dodged that boat."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Signed for Charlton I'm afraid...we've missed(dodged)* that boat(bullet)*.

* Delete which option you feel is appropriate.

a move to the capital earning thousands of pounds a week playing sport - God he just has it so hard. 

Do think it's funny that Maddison has been going on like he's the world's least wanted footballer and now Charlton/Bowyer are going on like it's been something they've been trying to do for ages. Sounds to me more like Maddison was hoping for Championship nibbles and got sod all.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Do think it's funny that Maddison has been going on like he's the world's least wanted footballer and now Charlton/Bowyer are going on like it's been something they've been trying to do for ages. Sounds to me more like Maddison was hoping for Championship nibbles and got sod all.

If you believe the Peterborough chairman, Charlton nearly signed him before he went on loan to Hull in january.

12 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

If you believe the Peterborough chairman, Charlton nearly signed him before he went on loan to Hull in january.

Think I remember it being a pretty well known thing that fell through last minute over wages IIRC.

14 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I guess you could bring it back to that and say that both statements could be true but I suspect after they went down they were pretty keen. I certainly don't think there's any way Marcus Maddison had absolutely zero interest up until just recently. He probably just wanted more than what he was getting.